Wednesday, July 8, 2009

an American in Paris

Photobucket

Today is my last day in Paris and I'm not ready to leave! As you can see I've found a pair of harem-ish linen pants, but I'm still on the hunt for a silkier pair!

Yesterday, we visited the Yves Saint Laurent archives which was a fashion lover's dream! We saw where he created his incredibly influential Haute Couture designs. It was surreal to be standing inches away from Le Smoking collection, safari jackets, and his early work by Christian Dior. We weren't allowed to take pictures, but it was definitely my favorite thing I've seen on the trip thus far.

We've also been shopping around a bit at the giant department stores, Gallerie de Lafayette, Printemps, and Collette. July is their month for sales so there are some incredible deals. All of our assignments include going into stores, so it's so hard not to shop!

We leave for London tommorrow, so for all my London loves; I'll be there for 4 weeks so it would be lovely to have a coffee or shop the markets or something!

xoxo, lauren

12 comments:

mooq said...

I'm glad you've enjoyed Paris! It looks beautiful!

This weekend is my last weekend abroad (sniff) but I have had a BLAST in London, I've spent all my free weekends there exploring and I know I could probably spend even more time! I feel like I could ramble on and on about how much I love London, but you'll figure it out for yourself when you get there!

Enjoy!!

Demi said...

ahhh, I'm going to Paris tomorrow! wonderful photos :)
have fun in London honey, you'll love it! <3
xoxo

Cafe Fashionista said...

I'm so glad that you had fun in Paris. But I'm sure that you will love London just as much, if not more. Ooh, have a lovely time in London - and shop 'til you drop! :)

S.Elisabeth said...

4 weeks in London. FOUR WEEKS?! after italy and paris. =) I am so unbelievably jealous! And Yves Saint Laurent. Even more jealous. have so much fun and do pick up a hot brit just because haha
Have fun!!!!! And love the pants

sherin said...

Awww, Paris is always hard to leave, but as a Londoner, london is so much better. I would love to meet for coffee or shopping. It'd be so much fun.

Katie m designs said...

I am tweeting this blog today I love it.. :)www.twitter.com/katiemdesigns

E said...

I still cannot contain my jealousy that you are in Paris...

Rima said...

So lucky...you are so incredibly lucky! That'd definitely be the highlight of my trip as well lol. You look super super comfy and cute (a difficult feat)...and I love those pants in white. Are they great for the heat? The fabric looks pretty breathable. Ah i'm so getting a pair (:

archivingfashion said...

Ahhh Paris!! Lucky girl. I love the outfit, too - so simple, relaxed, and easy to wear. The whole ensemble looks so comfy and chic!

sexy legs and body said...

Lovely blog you have here, lovely photo's.
Paris, well not for me, mainly coz I cannot get there.... :-)
colin.

Allison said...

You look absolutely fabulous, my dear! I'm so jealous you got to go the YSL archives - seriously how amazing! Majorrr jealousy ;) (but in a good way, because you're just so lovely).

Becky Cope said...

amazing, looks like you've had a fantastic time!! xxx

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin