Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I'm Lauren.. and I'm an Archaeology Nerd

Yesterday, I took a day trip to Stonehenge & Bath! As I mentioned before I'm a big archaeology nerd (I've taken 2 elective classes in college), so I've been wanting to see Stonehenge for quite some time! I was very surprised that it was much smaller than I expected in person! The weather was quite dark and mysterious when we went which perfectly set the scene. Bath was quite a picturesque town with lots of Edwardian architecture and of course the ancient Roman natural spring baths there!

Photobucket
sporting my leather jacket, billabong tee, & blue/black tye dye scarf

Photobucket
STONEHENGE! <3
Photobucket
The Roman Baths.. vintage hot tubs? :)
I also saw Hamlet last night, starring Jude Law! It was a fantastic show, very different from Wicked of course. Shakespeare is so hard to perform, so I was impressed with his acting; he was very animated and passionate on stage.. Pretty easy on the eyes too ;)
xoxo, lauren
Pin It!

11 comments :

sherin said...

You look great. And yes, England is always this cold, lol.
I can't believe I've never taken a day trip to stonehenge, despite always wanting to go there.

Try going to Cambridge for a day. It has great architecture.

WendyB said...

I was captivated by Jude's hairline during Hamlet ;-)

Little Red said...

Great pictures! I would love to visit there one day!

Love your scarf too!

Savvy Mode SG said...

When I visited it was so cold. I was really amazed at the works in Bath. We ended up having lunch at KFC or McDonald in Bath.

Leia said...

I love both Stonehenge and Bath! Haven't been to Stonehenge since I was a little kid, though. And I have the exact same picture angle from Bath ... isn't that a beautiful church? :)

LML said...

ive heard the city of bath is soo neat! i really wanna go to both places... that is so cool you saw jude law live!

S.Elisabeth said...

I am so unbelievably jealous of you times a million! I hated Hamlet at first, but as the story progressed, I began to like it more and more. (PS While reading my friend sent me this link; it's hilarious: anglefire.com/art2/antwerplettuce/hamlet.html) And Jude Law!!
Wah and I've wanted to see Stonehenge since I read about in Tess of D'Urbervilles. Luckyy

PS your vintage hot tub made me laugh!

Cafe Fashionista said...

This reminds me of Harry Potter. I long to see it in person! :)

FabBlab said...

I want to go there so bad, it hurts. I'm a total history and archaeology nut.
You look so pretty in that picture :)
Way way jealous!

Aury said...

I'm totally loving your trip! Its sounds like paradise! Especially since I Love Hamlet and Jude Law!
http://www.anordinarygirlsworld.blogspot.com

Kayla Bon said...

You are so lucky...that all looks so cool! Something I would love to see in person one day.