Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Roman Holiday

I've always been in love with the movie Roman Holiday; I think every girl who watches it dreams of being swept away on an Italian adventure on a vespa scooter (while impeccably dressed in ballet flats). Imagine my surprise when right outside of our adorable bed and breakfast I saw this spraypainted onto the wall..

Photobucket
I knew it was a sign of a Dolce Vita weekend adventure.

Our first day we took a bus around seeing all the sights. We made a wish at Trevi fountain, scaled steps of monuments overlooking the city, and ate the city's best gelato. I'm in awe of all the history that surrounds Rome. It gives you an adventurous feeling when you're in the city; thinking about all of the people who have lived in the city, from the gladiators in the colliseum to Roman women in one shoulder gowns. Perhaps that's why they say "When in Rome.."

Photobucket
the enchanting Trevi Fountain

Photobucket
tossing a coin in to ensure a return trip to Roma!

Photobucket
after a hike up hundreds of marble steps we were rewarded with this view..

Photobucket
more ancient ruins!

Photobucket
so amazing to stand next to something so ancient!

Photobucket
I've wanted to see the Colliseum for so long!

There's something magical about Rome, and though I didn't get my Audrey Hepburn-esque romance, I still fell in love.. with the city!

xoxo, lauren

13 comments:

Dream Sequins said...

Looks like you're having a fabulous time abroad! Now find yourself a Vespa and go crazy :)

FabBlab said...

OhMyGod. I envy you so much. you globe trotter, you.
I'm a total history nut so I'm so jealous.
And who doesn't love Roman Holiday? *love*

Audrey Hepburn FTW.

Victoria said...

SOOO JEALOUS! Love Rome! :)

Kayla Bon said...

I'm glad you had a great "Roman Holiday"! Enjoy the rest of your trip girl!

Leia said...

I am SO jealous... am DYING to go to Rome!

LML said...

wonderful pictures!!! i cant wait to go there!

Cafe Fashionista said...

Oh, why can't I have a Roman holiday? I'm so glad you're having a great time! :)

Little Red said...

These are beautiful pictures!
You look fabulous!

Glad you're having a fun trip! It seems so exciting!

AudreyAllure said...

i love audrey hepburn <3 she's my idol & i'm so honored to be named after her. it would be pretty romantic to get swept away on a vespa in a beautiful city though haha.

looks like you're having a blast :)

Lauren said...

I just stumbled upon your blog & I love it!!! Roman Holiday was my favorite Audrey movie when I was little. So good!! & your outifts here are fantastic!
xo,
Lauren

http://bohemianbisoux.blogspot.com/

Hanako66 said...

you are so lucky, what an amazing trip!

min said...

oh,yes please,try it out when you're back home - i think you would like it!
i love your posts about the different European cities,especially because I've never been to Rome yet.
- min.

High quality Mulberry Bags said...

Mulberry bags specializes in leather goods, from Mulberry bags uk in southwest England, the superb Mulberry Alexa Bags to build, combined with practical, original and mulberry leather bags touch and original creative design and beautiful style escape from other brands, to classic mulberry handbags antique style, commodities Also thick smell of thick leather, extensive use of metal rivets, and buckle, Mulberry Bayswater Bags copper metal parts, mulberry outlet can help medieval times

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin