Friday, July 17, 2009

Style Stalking & The World's Largest Cupcake

It seems like everywhere you go in London you see fabulously dressed people! Sometmies I can't help but whip out my camera and snap a picture of their cute outfits. Another common sight is statuesque model types wearing impossibly high heels, and carrying around their lookbooks to go-sees. It's so exciting to be surrounded by so many people who care as much about fashion as I do!

Photobucket

a model rocking some louboutins, no big deal.


Photobucket

Spotted this chic londoner in Covent Garden market

One of my favorite things about fashion magazines in the UK is all the freebies! Most of them come with some sort of gift whether it's a tee, nail polish, sunglasses, or book. It's sort of like a grown up version of cracker jack box!

Photobucket

My ELLE mag with a Paul & Joe ruffle tank

Photobucket

The World's largest cupcake, in Covent Garden!

Yesterday, we went to see Wicked in London's West End which was absolutely fantastic! I was so impressed with the vocals and detailed stage sets. Next week we scored tickets to see Jude Law in Hamlet, I'm already planning a cute outfit..

Today, we're making a visit to Harrod's and Selfridges, two iconic British stores. I'll be sure to give an update on my shopping finds!

xoxo, lauren

19 comments:

Leia said...

Harrods and Selfridges are my absolute favorites. Selfridges is really close to where I live, so I go there all the time! I could literally spend hours in there... sigh!

mooq said...

I saw Wicked when I was in London too! Wasn't it wonderful?

Covent Garden is such a great style-stalking place, I went there three or four times just to watch people.

The top from your Chickdowntown Giveaway arrived while I was in the UK, so I just got my hands on it yesterday when I returned! It's gorgeous! I can't wait to wear it! Thanks!

Cafe Fashionista said...

You received a Paul & Joe Ruffle Tank with your copy of ELLE magazine? I die!

Please, please, please tell us everything about Harrod's and Selfridges. I have spent years upon years reading about both marvelous stores, but have never been to them myself! :)

Mint Harvest said...

i love that models outfits, especially the skirt. and that cupcake looks deliciousss;)

Sherin said...

The freebies in the magazines are always my favourite bits. I went to see Wicked a while back and its brilliant! Loved it.

WendyB said...

I loved Hamlet! Have a great time.

lisa said...

Covent Garden is so much fun! I stopped to watch a street performance by The English Gents, these two guys who put on the most amazing acrobatics show. And Selfridges is incredible...it was a real high point for me because I got my Chanel purse there. =)

Another iconic British store you might want to stop by for the sheer fun of it is Hamley's, the toy store. I think it's like 5 storeys or something and it's so much fun. They have a huge Hamley's bear mascot outside to greet customers too!

myvogue said...

I've been at the Covent Garden - it's an amazing and magical place. Nice pictures!

S.Elisabeth said...

I need to go to London ASAP. And Jude Law?! -Drools- Lucky girl, hope you're having tons of fun.

LML said...

i really need to start taking pics of ppl's outfits when i am out of town in a fashionable place!

love the cupcake - is it real?

Secretista said...

A shirt that comes with a magazine?! AWESOME!

FabBlab said...

Omg I NEED to be in London! And I really want that Emma Watson Elle cover. And yes, S.Elisabeth- JUDE LAW!


Kisses! XX
A*
http://www.FabBlab.blogspot.com

zupu said...

Oh Harrod's and Selfridges.. and Covent Garden is one of the best places to have a lovely British time. You are so lucky, such a nice post dear, have fun!!!

MizzJ said...

I'm so jealous of you right now just b/c of that giant cupcake and Jude Law!!

Keith said...

I love seeing photos of people on the street.

fritha louise said...

Glad to see you're enjoying London. I miss it so much, can't wait to move back in September. Londoners really do dress well it has to be said!

jennifer said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Margaret

http://howtomakecompost.info

louboutin shoes said...

The dashing and extraordinary louboutin shoes you get will attract every eye in a crowd and makes you feel more confident.

tiffany jewellery said...

Fantastic goods from you, man. Ive study your stuff ahead of and youre just as well amazing. I enjoy what youve got right here, adore what youre stating and the way you say it. You make it entertaining and you even now manage to help keep it wise. I cant wait to go through additional from you. That is really an incredible weblog.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin