Sunday, July 5, 2009

When in Paris.. Do What the Parisians Do!

So far during my time in Paris, I've explored the area all around my hotel in the Bastille district. It's full of trendy bars and shops and fresh food markets! Our first day, we went to the Eiffel Tower and gazed out among the city (you can see for miles and miles)! That night, we bought nutella crepes and ate them on the steps of the Bastille while people watching (harem pants everywhere..!) I've noticed also, the French I learned quite a few years ago has come back to me & it's so fun to try to hold conversations!

Yesterday we started the morning shopping in Marais, a very beautiful arrondisement. It was almost like out of a movie, as we strolled the streets clarinet players set the scene with Parisian melodies. Later in the day, we took a very confusing metro and train ride to Versailles. It was so worth the frustrating trip, the palace is the most ornate and grandiose residence I've ever seen. It was once home to King Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette!

The end to our day was so perfectly Parisian. We bought some wine and sandwiches and brought it down to the Notre Dame Cathedral. There we sat next to the Seine, listened to musicians play (mostly american songs, funnily enough), and took in the priceless experience. We even got serenaded in French! Ahh.. Paris.

Photobucket
I will never get tired of seeing the Eiffel tower!
Photobucket
While shopping on the 4th of July, we found a boutique w/ an Americana theme!
Photobucket
the landmark, Ard d'Triumph

Photobucket
a pretty blue door I saw while strolling down the street

Photobucket
EVERYONE wears harem pants here.. so chic! I'm on the hunt for the perfect pair!

Photobucket
an opulent chandelier & gold leaf crown moldings in a room in Versailles

Photobucket
night time @ Notre Dame
Keep checking back for my Parisian ponderings, and if you have any suggestions for things I should do during my trip, please let me know!

Also, don't forget to enter the contest below to win a pair of jeans!

Au Revoir mon amies!

xoxo, lauren

14 comments:

Little Red said...

Great pictures! Sounds like you're having fun!

Frazoa, Filipa said...

You're pictures are amazing! I really love Paris! I want to know another parts of the country pretty soon! You should visit Lisbon, Portugal as well!
xoxo

AudreyAllure said...

awesome pictures, paris is so beautiful!

Lindsay said...

Oh my gosh I'm so jealous. Make sure you go to the top of the Arc de Triomphe at night, and visit Sacre Coeur! A macaroon at Laduree is always yummy and fun too!

sherin said...

Love the pics. Its like being in Paris all over again for me. Have you taken a cruise on the river Seine yet? That was a lot of fun.
And I agree, you can never get to tired of seeing the Eiffel Tower.

Cafe Fashionista said...

I. Need. To. Go. To. Paris. These pictures are gorgeous. You look like you're having the time of your life! :)

myvogue said...

Harem pants look so European, that's why I LOVE them. I could only wear that kind of pants and will never get tired :)Amazing pictures!

Rima said...

wow, looks like you're having an amazing time! I would just kill to be able to browse paris boutiques...soo lucky.

I have to admit this is the first time I've seen harem pants. They looks super comfortable! I'll definitely have to try a pair...I wonder if urban outfitters carries them?

- thechicsheikha.blogspot.com

Becky Cope said...

glad you're having fun, i love paris so much! you should go to montmartre and visit the real cafe where amelie was filmed - the one she worked at! when are you in london? xxxxx

S.Elisabeth said...

I'm so jealous! I hope you're having a blast in Paris, it looks so romantic and beautiful!!
And harem pants! I love them; I noticed they were quite popular when I was in Athens. They made them look so cool....
Wah and Versailles!!!

Beth said...

Wow great photos from Paris!
That eiffel tower shot is fab!
Beth xx

Elysieme said...

Paris is definitely a city I want to visit one day. The photographs are absolutely gorgeous. You look like you're have a lot of fun.

FabBlab said...

Paris *sigh*
I have been there when I was around 6. Obviously I remember nothing but rose and croissants.
I want to go there sometime soon. It seems like such an Ernest Hemingway thing to do. Sitting in an outdoor cafe and reading or walking down streets and shopping at darling boutiques.
I do remember the Arc de Triomphe and palace of Versailles. Gorgeous!

Hope you had fun :)
XO
A*
http://www.FabBlab.blogspot.com

High quality Mulberry Bags said...

Mulberry bags specializes in leather goods, from Mulberry bags uk in southwest England, the superb Mulberry Alexa Bags to build, combined with practical, original and mulberry leather bags touch and original creative design and beautiful style escape from other brands, to classic mulberry handbags antique style, commodities Also thick smell of thick leather, extensive use of metal rivets, and buckle

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin