Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Darling in Denim

Lately I've been throwing on my worn in denim jacket over everything. When I was in Europe, I wore my leather motorcycle jacket everywhere; it gives an outfit an instant kick. I think that's why im in love with this denim/biker jacket hybrid by trendy Australian line, Mink Pink. I could wear it with everything I own this autumn!

I love the shot from their S/S 09 Lookbook.. very Swedish street style looking with the bun on top of the head, and the studded boots. Since motorcycle jackets are usually leather, the denim softens the look up quite a bit and makes it a bit more feminine and tailored.

ALSO, just wanted to announce the winner of the KanDi swim contest (drumroll please)! Congrats to the Polished Sense blog.. thank you everyone for entering!

xoxo, lauren
Pin It!

16 comments:

caroLove said...

I love my denim jacket too, I bought it when Steve and Barry's first opened and had like an everything $8 sale...I barely started it wearing it now that denim jackets became popular again. I love the shape your has, I am in search of a faux leather jacket.

xoxo anna

Elizabeth Marie said...

That jacket is perfect with just about anything! Love it!

Frazoa, Filipa said...

Hey, how are you?
Love the jacket!
And the bots on the left
picture too!!

kiss

S.Elisabeth said...

Love it! In Italy & Greece I wore my leather jacket all over too!

Cafe Fashionista said...

Congratulations Jessica (Polished Sense). It's so funny, she was the other winner in my I Want Candy Giveaway - the giveaway that you won, as well. Small fashion blogging world, it is! :)

I have a motorcycle jacket that is actually made from sweat-like material. It's such a versatile piece. I want a denim one now! :)

LML said...

loving that swedish style as well as the jacket - i really would like to find a version of that!

Hanako66 said...

I love it...what a versatile jacket!

Lauren said...

You're right! The denim totally softens up the look of a moto jacket. I love it!
xo,
Lauren

"Bohemian Bisoux"

Little Bow Prep said...

Very cute!

Lilee said...

i love your header!

Keith said...

Great jacket. I love a denim jacket. Hope you have a cool weekend. Cheers!

Margaux. said...

great great great jacket!

little mermaid said...

the whole outfit's really cool.. but I was wondering.. are those studded boots Mink Pink too??
I want them!

FabBlab said...

Woo for the jackets and the boots!
ps- OMG I'm postcard-ing you! Excited!

Polished Sense said...

OMG! I can't believe I won! Seriously :D Have a great wknd girl!

X•X•,
Jessica

Women Leather Biker jacket said...

nice post love reading it.