Monday, August 24, 2009

"If You Obey All the Rules, You Miss all the Fun"- K.H.

I can't believe I'm back to school already! I think I'm really going to enjoy all of my Mechandising classes! Ever since I was a little girl, picking out my outfit for the first day of school has always been an important part of starting my new year with a fresh start. How amazing is this quote by Katharine Hepburn?

Today, I'm wearing a denim shirtdress from Zara, a swingy Forever 21 floral skirt, and Betsey Johnson earrings, and a pair of nude heels from musthaveshoes.com. They sent me the Apepazza Pavia ankle boot in Savane, that I'm a little bit obsessed with. I'm really short so the color gives the illusion of longer legs and it has a nice wood stacked high heel. They're going to be one of my fall staples fo sure. The site has one of the nicest collections of fashionable shoes I've seen online. Truly, I got giddy looking through the pages of shoes, they are truly unlike anything I've seen in stores!

What are you wearing for your first day of school?

xoxo, lauren

Pin It!

18 comments :

MizzJ said...

I love the quote in this post, Katherine Hepburn is definitely a woman whose words are worth following.

Little Red said...

Love that outfit! The skirt and shoes are both fabulous!

I take all my classes online since I hate sitting in classes. So sadly, no one sees my new clothes except my family at work! Haha!

Savvy Gal said...

good luck with school. : )

Mo @ Mo-logue said...

Happy first day!
My school doesn't start until the 14th, so I have lots of time to figure out an outfit! I love that floral skirt, too cute!
The warm weather tends not to last long so I'll probably be getting my last wears out of all my summery stuff - skirts, shorts and breezy dresses, as well as my trusty studded sandals for the first few weeks!

chloe said...

ahhh this is a good outfit, I still have no idea what to wear. D=

and I love that quote...and Katharine Hepburn - she's amazing!

caroLove said...

I haven't decided what to wear for my first day of school which is next week, but I need to figure it out! I love your denim shirt dress...so cute.

xoxo anna

S.Elisabeth said...

Your outfit is absolutely adorable, those shoes are stunning!!
And hmm my first day ehh haven't thought it yet. I'm debating whether going towards the Sienna Miller esque style I love or the Blair Wardolf style I adore....

lisa said...

You look so cute! Here's to a fabulous and fashionable school year.

FabBlab said...

You look so pretty in that picture! And the skirt is tres cute.
The shoes! I love nude shoes for the same reason! Anything to make us shorties look tall, huh?

Cafe Fashionista said...

That is so the most perfect first day of school ensemble. The chambray top, the floral skirt, the nude heels. Oh, I'm envious, to say the least. Why? Well, I've yet to choose my first day of school outfit. :(

Keith said...

Good luck with school. I wish you the best. Cheers!

Luinae said...

The Hepburns were so fantastic- both of them!

I don't start school until the first of September, and I think I'm going to wear cute jeans, a black tank top, and a vintage houndstooth jacket with red silk lining. It seems very fitting because Mum calls it my "Audrey Hepburn" jacket!

E said...

Oh the denim top with the floral skirt is such a great ensemble!

AudreyAllure said...

i love shopping at ZARA. lol and my first day of classes were aug17; and i wore a floral dress from H&M. lol

Lauren said...

such a cute outfit! i love the color of those heels... does wonders for the leg line, it's true!
my first day back this semester i wore the Paradise Falls dress from Modcloth, cognac leather wedges and a vintage cardi because it was unseasonably cold here! i love first day outfits :)
xo
Lauren

MARISA said...

i love that outfit!
i love how you combined the denim with the flower

very cute xx

WendyB said...

Great shoes!

Little Bow Prep said...

Great outfit! You look fab :)