Wednesday, August 12, 2009

On the Fringe

These are without a doubt my favorite pair of shoes. There's nothing spectactular about them. I picked them up at a thrift store a few years ago, they're a couple of sizes too big for me, an I love them! I feel like slipping them on instantly transforms any outfit from ordinary to unique. I guess it must be my inner cowgirl coming out.

I paired them with my worn in denim jacket, a floaty 60's style peasant top and a "mess of bracelets" as I like to call them. I felt very vintage cowgirl/woodstock attendee.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Right after I took my outfit shots I found this editorial of Jessica Stam for W. Magazine called "A Boy Named Sue" and was further inspired by her fringed boots. I guess it is possible for a pair of old cowboy boots to be fashionable, hm? The editorial has veryJune Cash/Priscilla Presley 1960's western looks.. I love those big barrel currels, giant stetson hat and metal belt buckles.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket
Don't forget to enter the KanDi Swim Giveaway!

xoxo, lauren

16 comments:

F Blog said...

i knowwww, dripbook has so many amazing images!!! i could browse for hours!!!

FabBlab said...

Wow, Jess Stam is stunning. She looks great with black hair, she looks amazing with blond hair, I hate her *pouts*
Love the fringed boots (yours and W's ;P)
And I have a ton of those Evil Eye bracelets :)

zupu said...

Jessica is so beautiful, look at those eyes! Nice to see her also as a brunette although blond hair goes maybe better for her. Great post, I adore your denim jacket!

Hanako66 said...

you look so cute!

what a stunning editorial!

LML said...

i loove my cowboy boots - they are really comfy and worn in - they suprisingly go with a lot of stuff

kokostiletto said...

Those are so gorgeous! I can totally understand why boots would be your fave.... my new Italian boots are soon to be mine as well.. you're right they transform any outfit!

Sarah Alaoui said...

she looks a bit like Mila Kunis...I love your bracelets--the ones with the eyes on them.

S.Elisabeth said...

Love it! I love when shoes take an outfit to a whole new level!

AudreyAllure said...

i love that whole look. jessica stam is so beautiful.

miriam said...

what a great editorial, the last pic is amazing!

Mila said...

I love Jessica!!!And I love your blog,dear!

Cafe Fashionista said...

Your fringe boots are gorgeous. I love the fact that you paired them with a flirty frock and denim jacket - it's one of my favorite looks, to be sure.

Jessica Stam looks amazing in these pictures. Love her! :)

hélène said...

Looove Stam here, it's great to see her looking different!

KIRAFASHION said...

I used to wear a lot of bracelets like these!!!
I felt so good...

LOVE!

Polished Sense said...

You totally hit this one out of the park! I love all that fringe girl! Fabulous, especially those tall boots!

♡,
Jessica

Little Bow Prep said...

Awesome outfit. The dress looks great!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin