Friday, August 28, 2009

One of the Boys

Woody Allen made the androgynous "Annie Hall" look famous though Diane Keaton's character in his film Manhattan. Menswear staples inspired by the movie are back with a vengeance. Think oversized tweed blazers, pinstripe oxford shirts, men's watches, suspenders, vests, and high waisted pants. Each piece on its own gives a look a boyish charm.

Paris Vogue recently paid homage to the tomboy style in its Annie Hall inspired editorial.

I think it's a perfect fall look, and we can all learn a few things from the boys.

xoxo, lauren

Pin It!

15 comments:

Couture Cookie said...

I love the Annie Hall look, I think it's pretty hard to pull off though unless you have a strong look already. I gotta go pick up a copy of French Vogue, those pics are fab!

Little Bow Prep said...

Awesome post!

FabBlab said...

These are love. Just love.

Raisa said...

Love those pictures!

Cafe Fashionista said...

Boys truly have the best clothes. I'm wearing a boyfriend tee right now, actually. I love the cut and style of menswear - and it always looks adorable on girls. :)

AudreyAllure said...

i love the glasses, it just makes everyone seem that much more chic. haha

teenfashionista said...

LOVE Annie Hall and adore the Paris Vogue.

Andrea said...

Love the blog and great post. I love the tom-boy look. I keep buying boyfriends blazers!

Andie

brooklynposhdotcom said...

i love the tailored menswear look, although it's strong and makes a statement it looks very feminine and sexy on women.. I have so many men's tailored clothing love it!!

S.Elisabeth said...

Perfect!! I love Annie Hall!

LML said...

i really do love this look - i need to get MORE boyfriend blazers!

caroLove said...

yes I really love the long blazers
great post, we all need some mens wear!

xoxo anna

Carina said...

Too bad most men can't dress that good!!!

Maybe they should take a lesson from the ladies?

Carina
http://carina-big-love.blogspot.com

myvogue said...

Wow I love how menswear look on a woman - it is very provocative and sexy. Great pictures!

Inside Mode said...

I love the whole menswear made for women look. To me, no one does it better than Karl Lagerfeld. His work with shapes and the human for is just out of this world. I think you can tell by the way Chanel looks today.