Thursday, September 17, 2009

All Mixed Up @ Marc by Marc Jacobs

I feel like I always have the same reaction to a Marc Jacobs collection. First I hate it, then I'm confused.. then I see the thought and inspiration behind it & can't help but love it for being original and uniquely Marc. He never fails to surprise me, and this collection for his Marc by Marc diffusion line was certainly a lot to look at. It may seem thrown together and chaotic, but, on their own all of the pieces feel really new and trendsetting.

Maybe people won't exactly be sporting 90's graphic print Bill Cosby sweaters next spring, but I wouldn't be at all suprised if they do! haha. The prints in this collection are ohmygosh amazing.

What's your take on the Marc by Marc Jacobs collection; too out there? or unique & fun?

xoxo, lauren

Pin It!

15 comments:

Blueberry Shoes said...

oh em gee im lovvvving this!!! i have a sweater up in etsy that's totally cosby just that that one in the pic!

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=31033702

Couture Cookie said...

I always love to look at Marc Jacobs's designs, but as for wearing them it's pretty much hit or miss. I wouldn't hesitate to throw a Cosby sweater into a fashion editorial if I got to style one, but you wouldn't even be able to catch me dead wearing one...!

Cafe Fashionista said...

I think it's unique and fun. It can be completely wearable as well, as long as you mix and match pieces. J'adore Marc Jacobs! :)

Life's short. Type fast. said...

i absolutely love marc jacobs!

Hanako66 said...

it is really fun and as individual pieces, very wearable!

Kat said...

Hi there! I think it's a fun collection...and would definitely love to have a piece or two for spring.

LML said...

i loooove this - i would wear all the pieces, just not all together tho lol

Clara said...

great looks.

xxx
http://zebratrash.blogspot.com/

AudreyAllure said...

i was outside of that show!! i absolutely love the bow headbands, which i am definitely going to try :)

Taylor Sterling said...

you got to love Marc!!!

Jacqueline said...

Thanks for all the sweet comments on my blog. You are one beautiful girl! I like your blog too. If you add me to your blog roll let me know and I will add you to mine also!

Jacqueline
xoxo

www.fashionsnag.com

Fashion Court said...

i love those prints!

FabBlab said...

Gotta love MJ, eh?
PS- Sending out your postcard for Postcards From My Hometown tomorrow, girly!

chicncheap said...

Some pieces are pretty fun, but some look like strange '80s castoffs. The bow headbands are quite adorable though.

kokostiletto said...

I LOVE THE COLOURS though!