Friday, October 23, 2009

Confessions of a Fashion Student

In case you were wondering why I've been M.I.A. the last few days... school has pretty much consumed my life. I had a couple HUGE projects due & an exam today. Thus, I've had 6 hrs combined for the last 2 nights. Let's just say I could use some beauty sleep!

I can't even complain about my assignment because I really enjoyed it! We had to select merchandise for our "store" and then show what we could coordinate onto fixtures in a retail store. Then, use excel to create a spreadsheet as a buyer would. I had alot of fun with it, and it made me really excited to think that I could be doing something like this one day as a career!

Here's a mini peek at my assignment and some of my favorite fixtures:








Let me know if you need me to ID anything! (Most of the images are from chickdowntown.com, anthropologie, & shopbop!) Now.. NAP TIME. happy friday everyone :)

xoxo, lauren
Pin It!

15 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Lovely assignment! Now go get some beauty sleep =)

www.FashionSnag.com

LML said...

wow! i want assignments like that! you did a fabulous job - deserves an A!

Hanako66 said...

I love what you chose!!! I am so in love with that alice + olivia zebra jacket...so fabulous!

lisa said...

Ooh the sea glass-themed fixture is my favourite. Merchandising is trickier than it looks, isn't it? When I worked at a toy store I'd have to find ways to stock the merchandise so that it was eye-catching but optimized the limited space I had.

MizzJ said...

What a fun assignment! Man, makes me want to switch careers, although I'm sure it's also quite hard work too.

Dina's Days said...

That's so cool, I wish my projects were that fun when I was in school.

Diane said...

ooo i love the first set---sea glass. SO PRETTY! i want every one of those dresses.

AudreyAllure said...

very cute! makes me miss my magazines class when we had to do fashion trend layouts :)

Sherin said...

Wow, the assignment sounds like so much fun: much better than just writing pages of essays!

Lindsay said...

I love everything from the sea glass category!

HUzzah! Vintage said...

so fashion school REALLY IS as fun as it sounds. i knew it.

Cafe Fashionista said...

Honestly, I wish I was given assignments like this in school. But no, I'm given aggravating word problems involved 15i + (-62i) = 5x (or some such torture). I should have gone into fashion! Love these sets - I would most definitely go broke at your "store"! :)

bee.marie said...

I LOVED that assignment...I had children's and made the most obnoxiously overpriced little kids store. LOVED it! Wait until you get to go into the macy's lab...it's even more fun!

Lauren said...

beautiful!! the old hollywood one is my favorite :)
Oh! & I'm holding a giveaway on my blog, I think you'd like it!
xx
Lauren

james said...

In this era of web 2.0, we easily get nice & updated information for research purposes... I'd definitely appreciate the work of the said blog owner... Thanks!
................................

essays term papers-Term Paper Sample