Monday, October 19, 2009

Designer Spotlight: Deep in Vogue

If you haven't discovered Vera's blog, Deep in Vogue, you must check it out! It's full of beautiful photography and features many of her own designs against gorgeous Idaho scenery. Her blog is one of my favorites and never short of sartorial inspiration. She sells her innovative and expertly sewn designs in her etsy shop; keep checking back, she's always adding more!

She was sweet enough to answer some questions for La Petite Fashionista readers about her designs and fashion blog!

When did you start designing clothes? Are you formally trained or self-taught?
I am self-taught. I have always had an appreciation for fashions that were beyond my means financially, so finding a way to make them myself was only natural.

You have such a distinct point of view in your designs-- how would you describe your personal style?
I am very attracted to clean lines, slim and hourglass silhouettes. Let's say elegant with a bit of edge :o).

Where do you find inspiration for your pieces?
Sometimes I find inspiration in specific pieces that I would like to change a bit. More often than not it's the fabric itself that gets me going

How has writing a fashion blog helped you with starting your own line of clothing? The feedback that I get back from my readers is the main thing that keeps me going. The positive reinforcement is priceless. I see blogging as a continuous dialog that helps me evolve.

I can't wait to get my hands on one of her originals ASAP! Best of luck to you Vera!

xoxo, lauren
Pin It!

15 comments:

WendyB said...

I LOVE her mummy pieces!

emilypanda said...

nice, i love when other bloggers are highlighted by their peers! thanks for sharing!!

Timeless Fashion... said...

Thanks for recommending Vera's blog. I've been there once but will definitely have a look again.

michelle_ said...

totally agree with you !
i've been following her blog for quite a while . and it's very very good..like you, i enjoy the shots she takes !

glistersandblisters.blogspot.com

Jacqueline said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jacqueline said...

Vera is the best designer I know! I have bought all her pieces posted recently. She is amazingly talented and very nice!

www.FashionSnag.com

Cafe Fashionista said...

I adore reading about indie designers - and this one is fabulous! Great find and interview, Lauren! I hadn't heard of Deep in Vogue before, but now I'm checking out Vera's blog and Etsy shop. I agree wholeheartedly with her...reader feedback is definitely the main thing that keeps you going in terms of being a blogger! :)

Amy said...

Ooh I am going to check out her blog right now. Thank you so much for the recommendation! :)

xoxo
Amy
thebargainhunterextraordinaire.blogspot.com

Sherin said...

Great interview. I can't wait to check out her blog.

yolanda said...

Thanks a lot for your visit.

Hanako66 said...

very cool, I'll check her out!

E said...

I adore her and her beautiful designs! She's so talented! i'm so surprised she's self-taught!

AudreyAllure said...

awesome; i'm going to check her blog out :)

Couture Cookie said...

I will definitely check out Vera's blog now! Thanks!

Jennifer Fabulous said...

Fabulous interview! I love her blog!