Saturday, October 24, 2009

Pump Up the Stam

I saw Rachel Zoe styling this Jessica Stam editorial for V Magazine on her show. Only Rachel Zoe would style a fashion workout editorial in high heeled knee high boots and sequined sweaters. I die. It got me thinking about wearing cute clothes to work out in. As weird as it sounds I feel more motivated at the gym when I'm wearing something I feel confident in.

My suggestions for a cute workout clothes include:

  • Band shirt: I looove bob marley, but i like listening to hip hop when exercising)
  • Bright pair of stretchy shorts (these are from Roxy's new line, Athletix)
  • Fun pair of athletic shoes (how amazing are these?!)
  • SPIbelt (These stretchy zip up pouches can store keys, credit cards, and ipods while you get your sweat on. I have one that I don't know what I'd do without it @ the gym!)

What do you usually wear to the gym?

xoxo, lauren

11 comments:

LML said...

wow i want those tennis shoes sooo badly .... i might wear then out of the gym too ;)

Jacqueline said...

wow, I had some photos I did on workout machines in a dress and heels and I never got around to posting them on my blog. She had the same idea. It looks pretty cool in a shoot!

www.FashionSnag.com

Allyn said...

Hi there,

love your blog!! I am not nearly as glamorous when I go to the gym though... something along the lines of sofees and a tee... haha.. I am listing two great pairs of boots and I think you'd love them... check them out! :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170398412074

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170398419642

Cafe Fashionista said...

I am a lazy gym rat - just stretchy pants and a fitted tee. It's cute but nothing compared to sequined sweaters! :)

Jennifer Fabulous said...

Oh lordy. My workout clothes are not that fab. LOL! Some knit shorts and a t-shirt. Sigh. But you have inspired me to bring it up a notch, so that will perhaps change. :)

Timeless Fashion... said...

Hi Lauren, I don't go to the gym but if I did I'd wear just shorts and a polo t-shirt. Have a good weekend!

Couture Cookie said...

OMG, I love it! I look so drab in the gym I should be ashamed of myself: velvet jazz pants, some boring tank top and t-shirt and an oversized hoodie. Oh well.... I just avoid looking in the mirrors too much, and then I'm fine. :D

eleni said...

haha my gym attire is just an old t-shirt and shorts, nothing fabulous like this!

Greer said...

i do love miss zoe. hehe

michelle_ said...

i wish I could dress like that to the gym . my gym outfits are very "blah" despite how much I love fashion . I think the point of going to the gym is to get a good workout not to try new outfit . but that post kind changed my mind ..
i really now think that i need a gym wardrobe revival .

glistersandblisters.blogspot.com
what edition of V magazine is that ?
i'd love to see the whole spread..

E said...

I really like those sneakers that you picked! I'm in need of a new pair actually...

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin