Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Channel Your Inner: Grunge Goddess

When I saw this shot of Lydia Hearst from the editorial "Renaissance of Grunge" out of Russian Harper's Bazaar I was instantly drawn to it. It has the perfect gritty darkness to it & all of the 90's grunge wardrobe essentials. It's so easy to channel your inner grunge goddess, it's easy to wear one of the pieces on their own to get the look. I like to wear a flannel plaid unbuttoned with a tank underneath, or some rocker leggings with a pair of killer heels.

The grunge period in nineties fashion was in rebellion to the minimalism look that was so popular at the time. It emerged in Seattle along with grunge bands like Nirvana. People flocked to thrift stores for baggy and androgynous plaid flannel shirts. It didn't mean to start a fashion revolution, but the look has lasted for the past two decades.

Will you be sporting any plaid shirts, band tees, or crocheted scarves this winter?

xoxo, lauren

Pin It!

13 comments:

Hanako66 said...

It never really was my look, but I'll be incorporating elements of it for sure:)

Jacqueline said...

i have been lusting over plaid shirts lately....haha =) Good post! xoxo

www.FashionSnag.com

Dream Sequins said...

I don't remember this look in the 90s as this sleek-- but I love the way they're styling "90s" looks these days. :)

Sherin said...

Grunge has always been a cool look. I think I'll be trying this. I'm a fan of grunge and do have some band tees.

Elizabeth Marie said...

I do love me some plaid, that's for sure!

Alicia said...

i love the look and the cheatah leggings ;)

MizzJ said...

I'm really loving this trend!! It's so comfy, but bad-ass which is a combination any girl could love :)

miss jordan. said...

I'm not a big fan of the grunge trend. It's just not me [trust me , I've tried.] But for those who can pull it off, it's a great look.

Carlotta said...

love it!! I wrote a "grunge" post few days ago I'm totally in love with the trend..great outfit!

Cafe Fashionista said...

J'adore crocheted scarves and vintage band tees - I will definitely be getting in touch with my inner grunge goddess! :)

LML said...

im definitely stocking up on plaids right now :)

ediot said...

hi dear. i love plaid so much .and also neverending scarves-.
great post . take care xx ediot

Polygnome said...

droool. love that lydia hearst photo! i loved the 90's and flannel (: