Sunday, November 15, 2009

Feeling Crafty

The other night at a shopping event in town I bought a black bib necklace. I love it-- it instantly dresses up a basic tee and jeans. Some may call it gaudy, but I love a little bit of bling every once in a while. I decided it would be simple enough to make and was feeling crafty so I made one of my own!

Supplies:

  • Stiff Felt (The particular style I chose had a tie dye background)
  • Rhinestone Jewels (I got an assorted pack + black pyramid stud gems)
  • Black Satin Ribbon
  • Hot Glue Gun

I cut the felt out in the shape of the bib necklace (sort of a curved circle) and laid down the jewels in the pattern that I wanted then carefully glued them down. Then I glued the ribbon to each side to have ties to adjust the length. It's super inexpensive and easy!

I'd really like to do some DIY's while I have time over Christmas break and maybe even make some gifts! Do you have any DIY ideas or website suggestions?

xoxo, lauren

15 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Great DIY Lauren!

www.FashionSnag.com

Miri said...

I looove DIY! You could always make your own jewllery, or even add some details onto a pair of shoes!

mystique-glamour.blogspot.com

Lindsay said...

I love this! I have been wanting to make one for awhile because they are way overpriced!

Elizabeth Marie said...

That is awesome Lauren! Love it!

L.A. said...

ahhh i am actually making one this wk end! love it. I am also making a scarf I will be sure to post them :)

Sherin said...

I love your DIY. The bib necklace came out so well.

Amy said...

Ooh love this DIY Lauren! I made a flower bib necklace a few days ago, but this one is super cool. I am completely getting into DIY more and more.... I think I might have to try my hands at this one next. Thanks so much for the idea! :)

xoxo
Amy

thebargainhunterextraordinaire.blogspot.com

P.S. Here is a link to my flower bib necklace if you wanted to check it out: http://thebargainhunterextraordinaire.blogspot.com/2009/11/diy-creation.html

Cafe Fashionista said...

Lauren, you made that?! Ohmigosh it's too fabulous for words - I fell in love with a similar one at Free People which was way out of my budget. I'm going to try and make one now too! Ah, I love you for this! :)

LML said...

such a great idea - i will def make one! yes i am determined to do lots of diys over break as well :)

Vicki said...

Love this necklace! ive been wanting to do something like this for ages but cant find any big jewels in my local craft stores.
magpie-girl.blogspot.com xx

WendyB said...

Nice work!

dotie said...

I know..I love accessorizing it adds a nice touch to your basic outfit..
your necklace is lovely btw..well done :)

http://eclecticdujour.blogspot.com/

Hanako66 said...

it turned out awesome! I've been meaning to do a bib necklace for ages, but just can't find the time!

ashleymikki said...

Very cute! I love it. I just bought a fringe necklace from sick boy which is kind of similar in style! :)

Little Bow Prep said...

How cool!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin