Friday, November 13, 2009

Go [Rebekah] Green!

It's true diamonds are a girl's best friend, but let's be realistic.. . on my college budget, cubic zirconia and gems are a bit more in my price range! Rebekah Green's earrings are hand made out of recycled 14k and 18k gold and fair trade gemstones. The classic but modern designs are affordable too and could easily make their way into the every day jewelry rotation. The styles use clean lines and many are inspired by nature (like the cherry blossoms and plumeria flowers pictured above).

While reading the designer, Rebekah's, biography I thought it was so cool that she is no newbie to the "green" movement. She was the little elementary school kid educating her classmates about recycling and remodeling homes into eco friendly living places in her twenties. Her entrepreneurial and passion for making the world a better enviroment for everyone is truly inspiring!

xoxo, lauren

Pin It!

9 comments:

Diane said...

love this!

Hanako66 said...

those are gorgeous...she is an inspiration!

E said...

Those white earrings in the upper left hand corner are GORGEOuS! I love the delicate details!

michelle_ said...

great earrings !
I've got a new VIDEO BLOG up now ! it's the DIY tutorial of the shredded shirt you commented on :)
please check it out if you have time..

Cafe Fashionista said...

The Cherry Blossom earrings are so adorable. I want! :)

Jyun said...

the cherry earrings so cute!

ediot said...

i like the earrings down right a lot.

Couture Cookie said...

All of those are really cute! I always feel I want to support "green" designers, but I don't necessarily have the funds... these are not that expensive, though! Thanks for featuring them!

ellief said...

Really love the simple but elegant styles.!