Saturday, November 7, 2009

Project Reconstruction: Eco Luxe

Last night was my college fashion club's annual fashion show; Project Reconstruction. It's a fashion show featuring garments made from recycled and reconstructed materials. I'm always amazed at the creativity & talent of our university's apparel design students. This year's theme was "Eco Luxe".

The garments are made out of everything from cut up sweaters to tin foil to sushi paper. I helped set up in the morning and it's always so rewarding to see all the hard work come to life when the first model walks out. I loved the Marie Antoinette picture in the background and lit tea lights at the edge of the stage.

Does your school have a fashion club or annual fashion show? I organized a couple of them in high school; it's hard work, but a ton of fun!

xoxo, lauren

Pin It!

9 comments:

Cynthia said...

huhuuu i like your silk zebra jacket!!, where did you find it???

Sherin said...

Wow, what a cool idea. It must have been so much fun to do. And I love your outfit.

Jacqueline said...

I love your zebra jacket. totally cute. I wish my school would have had these. so awesome.
xoxo

www.FashionSnag.com

AudreyAllure said...

love the looks :) i started the fashion club back when i was in high school. now in college, i haven't yet joined the fashion show production club yet because i've been so busy with my college magazine. but i plan to soon haha

Cafe Fashionista said...

No to both the fashion show and the fashion club. Unfortunately. My school doesn't really have anything for fashion. :/

Loving your look here - that sequin skirt is to die for! :)

C'est Laura said...

beautiful outfit!
I like your blog! Especially your header!
xoxo

WendyB said...

Animal print PLUS sequins? Yay! Love it.

MizzJ said...

haha my school wasn't cool enough to have a fashion club, or any clubs really! What a cool idea for a fashion show though!

Fashionable Earth said...

What a wonderful idea!! That is what Fashionable Earth is all about as well - reduce, reuse and restyle :)
Can you send us some photos of the designs so that we can do a write-up on our blog about this? www.fashionableearth.org
Please email and let us know info@fashionableearth.org
Thanks xo