Sunday, December 20, 2009

Model Musings: Part 2

This is Part 2 of my interview with friend and model, Carley! If you missed Part 1 you can find it here. Check out her gorgeous creations- as soon as she gets an online store up I'll post a link up on La Petite Fashionista.

Where do you find inspiration for your jewelry designs?
I just play around with the pieces until I find something I like. My rule of thumb is that I always create something I would want to wear myself.


What types of materials do you use in your pieces?

They're a combination of thrift store finds, old necklaces from my grandmas, pieces off clothing; just a mishmash of everything.


Whose style inspires you?
My mom always joked that I have a hooker sort of style because I love all things sparkly, pink, and high heeled. One of my style inspirations is "Alabama", a hooker in the Quentin Tarantino movie "True Romance".


What are you favorite places to shop?
I love Intermix, Lohemann's, and the thrift store. My favorite designers are Yves Saint Laurent and Jimmy Choo.


What do you like to do in your downtime?
Shop, make jewerly, I play on a co-ed softball team and bowling league in Miami. I was surprised how easy it was to make friends in Miami Beach; it's like a little community down there.


What music fills your ipod right now?
I love country & 90's music so everything from Taylor Swift, to Van Morrison & Counting Crows, to Jack Johnson & the Beatles.


Who is the person you've been most excited to meet?
I met (Victoria's Secret model) Alessandra Ambrosia through a friend. She was so funny, sweet and down to earth. She was showing me pictures of her baby girl the whole night.

It was great having the opportunity to chat with a peer that's begun to make her mark in the fashion and modeling industry.

xoxo, lauren

12 comments:

Jade "Purple" Brown said...

the lion chain is so unique, i love it!

Couture Cookie said...

I am in love with that lion chain piece!

Sandra - If it comes in pink said...

the flower dress is so sweet (I like la Sagrada de familia too;)

Danielle said...

I love that first necklace! Incredible.
Would you be interested in exchanging links on blogroll? Let me know!!

www.antiquatedtreasures.blogspot.com

Jacqueline said...

Wow, I love the jewelry she makes! Great photos too.

www.FashionSnag.com

All Women Stalker said...

She's incredible! I admire creative and fashionable people who never seem to run out of ideas on how to look their best all the time.
- Kaith

AudreyAllure said...

lovely interview :)

Cafe Fashionista said...

I love the fact that Carley has other goals in the fashion industry - like creating her own jewelry line. Her pieces are stunning; I imagine she will go far!! :)

Alicia said...

awesome jewelry! ;)

Hanako66 said...

she makes some amazing stuff!

Anna Jane said...

Love those necklaces, especially the little guitar clasp on the second. I've never heard of a model-cum-jewellary designer before. Those designs are very promising!

- Anna Jane xxx
(PixelatedBlonde.com)

Sorella said...

The necklace with the guitar is really cool :).

Stop by my blog: http://wecangetwild.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin