Friday, January 8, 2010

Fashionista University: The School of Style Smarts

Interested in pursuing a career in fashion but not sure where to start? High school and college aged students have the opportunity to take part in Fashionista University; a 7 week course taught by fashion industry professionals & takes place in the heart of NYC's Garment District!

Students have the option to take either the Fashion Design 101 course or the P.R. Prep 101 course. Here you can learn how to create a collection from start to finish. Students learn about fabrics, color stories, and sketching. There will even be fashion designer speakers to give them insight about working in the fashion industry.

The P.R. Prep 101 course teaches the in and outs of public relations. Expert Gwen Wunderlich teaches students the foundations to a career in P.R. & making connections. The icing on the cake is a field trip to N.Y. Fashion Week!

The program seems like a fantastic opportunity to learn more about working in the fashion industry and have an unforgettable experience. Check out their website for more information and mention La Petite Fashionista for a $100 discount on your tuition! Direct any questions to gwen@wunderlichinc.com

xoxo, lauren

12 comments:

S.Elisabeth said...

THis looks like such a fantastic oppurtunity. I've gotten quite interested in PR (sadly my artistic skills are not meant to design fashion). I'm quite excited!

Tian said...

Wow, if only I lived in New York!

Rianna Bethany said...

The course sounds fab, great oppurtunity, loved every single image on your blog, great stuff
Rianna Bethany xxxxx

AudreyAllure said...

haha I used to intern for Kathlin Argiro. She got that idea from me! When I told her about Teen Vogue's Fashion University.

AudreyAllure said...

oh btw, that picture is of Kathlin's studio; and she & her cousin Courtney Zellmer are the ones who started that program.

Cafe Fashionista said...

Oh, I wrote about this last week - I want to go!! :)

Sweet said...

Hey your blog is awesome
so very fun
check out my blog http://www.evadanielle.com/blog and let me know what you think I would totally appreciate it
thanks
-Sweet

Taryn said...

I wish they had something like this in the LA Fashion District...except LA Fashion Week is nowhere near as exciting

cici said...

This sounds amazing!
too bad i dont live in NY, so im gonna have to wait till i go off to college, pref. in NY.

Arushi Khosla (FabBlab) said...

Wow, that is unbelievably cool. I wish I didn't have exams and could go to NYC at this time of the year. Nonetheless, I shall be awaiting your updates ;)

Aury said...

I would love to go!!! I live in Boston and attend uni there though. Oh the pains and struggles of everyday life!

Hanako66 said...

i wish that i would have known of opportunities like this when i was younger!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin