As much as I love shopping there are few things that make me more giddy than a great deal. After working retail and fashion blogging for a few years I've picked up a few tricks of the trade to being a smart shopper.
- Evaluate your closet: When you've got a tight shopping budget, this will ensure that you come home with a piece that works with your wardrobe; no buyer's remorse!
- Make friends with the sales associates: Befriend the salespeople at your favorite store. They'll let you know when sales are coming up & can be a vital connection to have. It's a mutually beneficial friendship!
- Shop at discount stores: It's such a badge of honor saying you scored a really amazing deal. I don't think I ever leave Marshalls & TJ Maxx empty handed.
- Look at websites before going into the store: This way you'll have an idea of what items to look for & can go in with a plan rather than trying on everything that catches your eye.
- Get free shipping: The major downside to online shopping is paying shipping-- so when free shipping codes are available, take advantage! My favorite site is freeshipping.org.
- Stalk the Sales: Keep checking back in-store and online to see what new markdowns are being taken. Shopstyle.com has a great search feature on their site to organize items by price or % discount.
I hope my tips help some of you savvy shoppers out. I'd love to hear your favorite secret to smart shopping as well!