Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Fashion of Olympic Proportions

Is it just me or are the olympics more stylish than ever this year?! With Ralph Lauren as Team USA's sponsor the athletes in their ad campaigns look more like models than downhill skiiers and figure skaters! I love the Olympics; they seem to bring out such a sense of national pride for whatever country you hail from.

All of my American readers can keep up to date with everything Team USA is up to & support them at their site TeamUSA.org!

I died laughing at this feature ivillage sent me on some of the Winter Olympics' tackiest outfits ever. I can't wait to check out the fashion faux pas this year! As a former figure skater I have some not-so-fond memories of the get ups we'd have to wear. There is such a thing as too many rhinestones haha!

What country are you rooting for at the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver?

xoxo, lauren

Pin It!

12 comments:

Jacqueline said...

I would love to see you ice skate Lauren! I bet you rock. xo

www.FashionSnag.com

lisa said...

Canada, of course! The Olympics atmosphere in Vancouver is AMAZING right now. If men's hockey gets gold, a trip downtown for the celebration to follow might be in order!

dancinginchiffon said...

love the first photo!

The Fashion Fool said...

USA #1!! haha :)

i noticed you were a fellow pieces which means your birthday is coming up?

Audrey Allure said...

haha love that feature; and yay for ralph lauren!

All Women Stalker said...

Awesome! This post is getting me all excited for the Olympics.

LML said...

ralph lauren is such a great choice - the empitome of america :)

Cafe Fashionista said...

Obviously I'm rooting for the USA; but, I will admit, I have never before seen the Winter Olympics. Sad but true! :)

KIRAFASHION said...

I just saw her at tv this week, beautiful sport! I love it!

E said...

They're actually kind of mesmerizing. I'm fascinated by them...

high heels shoes said...

Christian Louboutin
Christian Louiboutin Pumps with skinny jeans plus a leather flight jacket the size of the reliable exquisite facade. How you can boost your self-image during this scenario is become ever more challenging. And at the moment, pair of Christian Pumps really should be the essential equipment. So usually do not hesitate to acquire them to your Christian Louiboutin Pumps.Bear in mind the Christian Louboutin footwear certainly not let you down. These are so sexy, gorgeous, shining and trendy.

Wedding turban said...

Great job on the site, it looks wonderful. I am going to bookmark it and will make sure to visit often