Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Purple Reign

Yesterday I was helping out all day at my fashion club's intern brunch that we host for all the merchandising & design students leaving for their final internships before graduation.

The theme was "Willy Wonka" and we had a flowing chocolate fountain & lots of desserts that I managed to avoid to keep up my spring break figure. I wore this comfy purple top, tucked into a body conscious mini paired with lace tights & ankle boots. My tights, by Red or Dead were a gift from the amazing Tightsplease.co.uk (they've got a huge selection of trendy pairs to pick from).

So many of my friends are departing for New York, L.A., and Miami to start their fashion careers. It's so exciting and scary at the same time that exactly a year from now I'll be in their shoes.

xoxo, lauren

17 comments:

kate wilson said...

That is so exciting though about the internships. I can't wait to finish up with school and start applying.

Jacqueline said...

I love your tights Lauren! xo

www.FashionSnag.com

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley said...

totally typo'd the heck out of my previous comment. delete! ANYWAY.
I sort of have a blue & black combination fetish (refer to my blog, pretty much what I wear on the daily).. so this is beautiful to me!

Ashley said...

(oh and I'm aware your shirt is purple, but it looks sort of blue-ish.)

teenfashionista said...

Gahhhh, mint candy apple looks SO GLAM on you! Love the tights + the outfit, too!

Elizabeth Marie said...

Hey love!!!
Come work with me :) SERIOUSLY.

Love your tights!

lisa said...

Cute outfit! The lacy tights add a great touch. Hehe does this mean we can call you "Violet Beauregarde" now?

Inspiration in Italy said...

This sounds so fun, and I love your outfit! You look so elegant, stylish, and chic!

xxxx
Rachel

Sherin said...

Wow: a Willy Wonka themed party sounds like it was so much fun. I really love that top you're wearing.

LML said...

thats such a cute theme!!

also - loving the tights!

Cafe Fashionista said...

You look absolutely amazing, Lauren. Then again, you always do!

Do you know what city you want to take by storm when you graduate? :)

Miss Tofu said...

Ooo... I've just recently bought a bandage skirt too! You wear yours wonderfully. ^_^

Passed on an award to you--- the 'Happy 101'.

<3 from pretty-preoccupied.blogspot.com

Fashion Court said...

i adore your outfit! i NEED to find a bandage skirt!

Secretista said...

Cute. Cute. Cuteeeeee!

S.Elisabeth said...

LOVE the outfit!! The purple is so pretty on you!
And it's so amazing to think of all your friends going off to the big fashion cities and beginning their careers; I'm so jealous!

All Women Stalker said...

That's such a cute outfit you've got put together. Love the purple top.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin