Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Candy Coated Spring Pastels

One of my favorite trends for spring have been the beautiful pastels popping up in everything from tees to nail polish (mint candy apple much?). The difference is that they're more a punch Palm Beach pastel than like anything you'd find in an Easter basket.

I think these spring shades look best when accompanied by a tan or nude colored accessory like a wedge heel or handbag. It's more fresh looking than a bold black or white, but still very vibrant.

I thought this shot from French Glamour Magazine showed the perfect use of color for Spring! Now the weather has consistently been in the 70's it finally feels like spring has sprung. Time to break out the sandals & sundresses!

What's your favorite shade for spring?

xoxo, lauren

P.S. Don't forget to enter the "color me coral" giveaway!

17 comments:

Christina said...

I'm so excited for sundress weather! The French Glamour photo is great inspiration, thanks!

Taryn said...

ahh such cute inspiration! This spring I'm looking forward to wearing seafoam green shades, corals, and nudes :)

Ashley said...

I think it would be very interesting to do the opposite as well.. you know, all tan neutrals and then pops of bright pastels through accessories? This post just made me think of that! I'm so excited for spring, thanks for posting this

Cassie said...

love your blog! you are adorable :) and I love your style!

http://lilmissvintage.blogspot.com

Panty Buns said...

I love both the aqua flutter sleeve pleated blouse and that frilly lemon tutu skirt. They would both make a nice contrast to my deep rose pink (favorite) lace inset full brief panties. I love all those colors for spring, and maybe vibrant lilac, fuchsia, and some florals too.

MizzJ said...

I love that lemon colored skirt!! Hmm my shade this season is pale pinks I think.

Leia said...

I love pastels! At the moment I only have pink and purple pastels in my wardrobe... need to get some blues, greens, and yellows!

LML said...

i'm wearing peach today :)

and i have been eyeing that top at urban for a while now...

Cafe Fashionista said...

So basically I want everything that you featured in that set - so fabulous!

Hmmm...my favorite pastel for spring is shrimp/coral/peach. There's something about that color that I am incapable of resisting!! :)

FASHION SNAG said...

I love that Milly skirt. xo

www.FashionSnag.com

Sherin said...

I love the pastel look. The colours are all so pretty.

Alicia said...

My favorite shade for spring is nudes and cream... and light pink!

firefly said...

Pastels are nice. However, I find most don't match my skin tone (tanned and Asian). I've been liking washed-out indigo, turquoise, buttercup yellow and coral though.

sarah M said...

Not only do i reallly want candy now....i ALSO WANT pastel colooured clothing! its the latest thing.......

i love wearing bright colours! I do not really have an outgoing personality so the outfits with pastels and bright shades definitely help me stand out in a crown :D <3

Sutton said...

i am loving all of these shades... they remind me of ice cream!

just found your blog, and I love it all! following you for sure!!
xx
stylesubstanceandsutton.blogspot.com

Cheryl said...

These colors are so yummy like caramel candies!

Twin XL said...

LOVE all the pretty colors!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin