Sunday, April 4, 2010

Back to Basics

Photobucket

Often I instantly gravitate towards clothing with print & embellishment so sometimes it's difficult for me to tone things down & just get back to basics. Market sent me one of their t-shirt dresses to try out and it was a fun challenge for me to play up a basic blue dress with accessories & shoes! The braided belt at the waist gave it a more defined shape & I played up a new statement necklace I just bought at a local boutique.

Photobucket

Market, is a new t-shirt line with uber comfortable basics that come in a variety of trendy colors. Seriously, my t-shirt dress is so comfy & easy to thrown on. Their v-necks & tanks would make great staples to any wardrobe.

What wardrobe basics do you wear most?

xoxo, lauren
Pin It!

12 comments :

FASHION SNAG said...

I love how you added the belt! Very cute look. xo

www.FashionSnag.com

Sarah M said...

I would wear that with black leggings, black boots....a statement bracelet fabulous big curly hair andd a wide belt!

the basics i wear almost every day:
-black tights
-the plain black shirtdress
-the sweaterdress

ForeistCage said...

love your belt!:D
wardrobe basics i wear the most was black tight and tanktop..:))

http://foreistcage.blogspot.com/

Leia said...

Oh Lauren, you look gorgeous! I think this toned-down look really suits you (but what doesn't?) and I love your hair like that. The t-shirt dress looks like it would be so versatile and perfect for summer.

As for wardrobe basics... I don't think I actually have any! I try not to stick to basics and think a bit outside of the box!

Sherin said...

You look amazing! Your hair style is gorgeous. That dress looks really comfortable as well.

I do love wearing bloc clocours over more bold prints.

LML said...

hope you had a great easter too!

my basics: neutral tanks, leggings, nude shoes

Audrey Allure said...

Really cute dress, and it definitely does look comfy :)

Glam Girl said...

I think mostly I wear jeans...

Dressing Up For Me said...

That´s a pretty necklace! Since it´s still cold here, I´m still wearing v-neck light sweaters.

chellemorgan said...

love your blog! thanks for the nice comment on
mine - i'm petite too so i can relate!

my staple item is my black leather jacket.
i love wearing it with anything from jeans
to girly dresses!

xo happy blogging

Prutha said...

love the outfit!! look comfy...

http://donotshoeme.blogspot.com/

follow if u like what u see?

have a happy day!!

xoxo

Twin XL said...

I really like the first outfit - looks super-comfortable while still being polished :)