My best friend texted me last week with desperate pleas of something trendy & appropriate to wear to an interview for a PR internship. "I'm officially requesting a 'what to wear' post for you blog," she said. So here I am with some outfit suggestions & a few tips for dressing for success at an interview!
The formality of your outfit depends where you're interviewing; interviewing for a fashion job allows a bit more creative freedom when it comes to shoes/accessories, but the basic foundation should still be conservative & classic.
What to Wear:
- Pair fitted button downs with coordinating dress pants
- Wear a pencil skirt with a tucked in shirt with a blazer for a trendier look
- Keep heel heights to a minimum & jewelry classic and minimal
- think pearls, sterling silver, and rhinestone studs
- Make-up & hair should be clean & natural looking
- Invest money in your interview outfit, because all the pieces will work great into any work wardrobe
- Dress for the job you want! It's okay to be a little overdressed rather than sloppy looking.
For more tips & suggestions check out this article on College Fashion.
Best of luck to everyone applying for jobs and internships right now!