Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Walkin' in Memphis

The first stop on my road trip was Memphis, Tennessee. The home of rhythm and blues, arguably the world's greatest bbq, & the always entertaining Beale Street.

After a long 10 hour drive, my mom & I had a great time stopping at B.B. King's restaurant to listen to some live music, parading around the party scene at Beale St. & a trip to the Rock & Soul museum. I definitely have a greater appreciation for the roots of American music & that good ol' southern hospitality!

Photobucket
striking a pose on Beale St.

Photobucket
the birthplace of blues

Photobucket
downtown sights & sounds

Photobucket
the best BBQ ever @ B.B. King's restaurant & their specialty "hootchie cootchie" drink to match

Photobucket
All shook up in Memphis

Photobucket
Sun Studio, where Elvis used to record

Photobucket
A bedazzled suit at the Rock n' Soul Museum worn by "the King"

Even though I've been spending more starbucks-fueled hours than I'd like in a cramped Ford Ranger, I've had some priceless bonding time with my mom. We visited family in St. Louis for the last couple of days, and stopped in Springfield, Illinois (Abe Lincoln's hometown) today. Finally I've reached Wisconsin!

Have you all been on any fun roadtrips? I'm dying to take more now that i've got the travel bug!

xoxo, lauren

P.S. Make sure to enter the Sex and the City Tour Giveaway!
Pin It!

19 comments:

Sarah M said...

i never knew memphis was so beautiful! :) looks like a city of dreamS!

FASHION SNAG said...

I was in Memphis about 10 years ago. Great to see photos! You always look so stylish when you travel Lauren. x

www.FashionSnag.com

apparellel said...

looks like you are having a blast and i love your vest! i love roadtrips! hitting up all the thrift and antique stores is the best!

xxx
t

thanks for linking me, you are so sweet!

Sherin said...

I definitely neeed a road trip now. You look like you're having such a great time. This place does look fantastic.

Laurie said...

I live in Memphis. Wish I knew you were coming. We could have had lunch.

Aimee said...

looks like you had fun in Memphis, loving the suit in the last pic, it's pretty awesome :) im following!

Alicia said...

how fun!! i have always wanted to do a cross country road trip... just haven't had the time!

xoxo;tee said...

Welcome to Wisconsin!! What kinda of internship are you doing?

Cafe Fashionista said...

I have never before been on a road trip, but I am dying to go - especially for the summer! You look absolutely adorable, Lauren; I'm so glad you had a good time!! :)

Destined For Now said...

Cute outfit!!

little moon lover said...

so cool you're on a roadtrip!.. I've never visited those places in the U.S before... reminds me of Orlando Bloom in Elizabethtown movie.. wasn't he driving around those places, with a killer soundtrack?.. have you and your mom been listening to cool music during your long hours drive too?...
have fun there!

fritha louise said...

That looks like such a fun trip! And how cool is Elvis's suit, wow!

Danielle said...

Wow! These pictures are so fun. I've seriously never even considered going to Memphis before but now I really want to after looking at these pictures!! Beautiful! I've been on long car trips before (22 hours!) but I don't think they were road trips in the technical sense, as we did not get out of the car and visit places along the way. This looks like so much fun!! Thanks for sharing it.

Couture Carrie said...

So fun, darling!
I love road trips... Once took a very memorable one from Atlanta to New Orleans :)

xoxox,
CC

Twin XL said...

Looks like so much fun - gotta love Beale Street :)

MizzJ said...

Cool, a mother-daughter road trip sounds fun! Memphis looks like a fun place and the bbq.. mmm.

Teresa said...

That BBQ looks delicious! Being from TX, that is definitely some of my favorite kinds of food!

invasionista

High quality Mulberry Bags said...

Mulberry bags specializes in leather goods, from Mulberry bags uk in southwest England, the superb Mulberry Alexa Bags to build, combined with practical, original and mulberry leather bags touch and original creative design and beautiful style escape from other brands, to classic mulberry handbags antique style, commodities Also thick smell of thick leather, extensive use of metal rivets, and buckle, Mulberry Bayswater Bags copper metal parts, mulberry outlet can help medieval times

Fan said...

Hey, do you mind if I copy the last photo with the King's suit on? I really love it and it's very rare jumpsuit :)