Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Duluth Pack: Making the Great Outdoors Stylish Since 1881

Photobucket

This outfit shot is from 7 am before my 40 min commute to to work. I'm constantly being inspired by everyone's ensembles; the office is a sea of plaid button downs, rolled up boyfriend jeans, and boat shoes. It's a bit of preppy paradise. I can definitely appreciate a work environment where every day is a fashion show & I get to spend my time surrounded by clothes!

Photobucket

I'm slowly but surely adjusting to life in the Midwest and I have to say I'm really enjoying the small towns, farms, friendly midwesterners & lots of cheese! Duluth Pack, a Minnesota based retailer sent me one of their red buffalo plaid wool shell bags. The company, traditionally an outdoorsy retailer, has some hidden gems in their handbag section. I'm obsessed with the print & love how timeless it looks.

Hunters use them for holding bullets, My bag holds lipstick! The company was started way back in 1882 by a French cobbler & they certainly know their stuff. I love that they have such a widespread appeal.

All the canvas, leather, and wool bags are handmade in the USA & have that classic, handcrafted look that's predicted to be big for fall. They even collaborated with Urban Outfitters on a line of hiking packs. Hipster or hunter, the bags work for everyone :)
xoxo, lauren
Pin It!

16 comments :

Leia said...

Cute bags! And gorgeous outfit Lauren! I'm so jealous that you're surrounded by such great clothes every day. I'm a bit fashion-starved here in Bangladesh... I miss London!

Sherin said...

You look so pretty and your work sounds so insppirational! I love seeing what people wear to work! Your dress is so gorgeous!
And I'm loving those bags!

marketing said...

Thanks for the mention! Glad you are liking your bag! Each one is hand crafted and hand signed (inside under the USA flag tag). After 128 years we are honored to be mentioned!
Duluth Pack

Sue (reBloomer) said...

Thanks, I checked out the Deluth site...it's fun, I love to discover classic brands like that. I like the plaid wool bags.

Sarah said...

I'm glad you're enjoying your time in the Midwest! I love the outfit you're wearing in the first picture, that dress is adorable!

lisa said...

What a great outfit! I've been loving shirtdresses lately and yours is super cute with the little rows of ruffles down the front. The Duluth bags are really nice as well; they're very on-trend compared to the cross-body bags and hipster looks I've been seeing a lot of lately.

Faux Naif said...

those bags are beautiful! i had never heard of this brand - thanks!

Sarah said...

OMg how cute are these shell bags?! love them! they remind me of turtle shells ahah :s what a great oppurtunity and internship! :) wish u all the best with it!

Ps. I have a denim version of this dress!

and love ur hair colour!

-sarah M

Maddy said...

I wish could be a little more creative at work, but I work in a very traditional corporate office. I think the bags you listed though, especially the one in leather!

Cafe Fashionista said...

Ohmigosh Lauren, that bag is adorable! I am off to check out Duluth right now - these would be the perfect carryall for a music festival!! :)

fashion synergy said...

High Fashion Emerging Designers Wanted for Fashion Week Show: The Emerging Trends 2010 for Boston Fashion Week promises to bring the best Euro chic designers to the Boston market. In the last two years, we have worked with over 25 international and national designers, major sponsors, buyers and press and 30 photographers from Boston and New York giving extensive opportunity for emerging designers to shine. Spots are limited and we book months in advance. At the show, you will receive all models, hair, makeup, video clips, photos, buyers contact and networking opportunity at one of the biggest and prestigious shows in Boston. Over 600 fashion forward individuals come to our show and our designers are promoted to over 200k people via online and offline marketing.

For more info about our past show, please visit: http://www.theEmergingTrends.com or our promo video from last year: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AezCJlFCo8.

About Us:
The SYNERGY Events (www.theSYNERGYevents.com) uses very unique online and offline marketing strategies to produce themed events in both Boston and New York City, which have been covered by Boston Globe, Fashion Boston, Boston Common, Improper Bostonian, Boston Magazine & many other online and print publications. These special events present known, and soon to be talents with a great opportunity to introduce their exceptional work, while networking and enjoying other talents from around the world.

Contact Us:
Please send all contact details with your portfolio to:
BostonFashion[at]theSYNERGYevents.com

emma j said...

great oufit love it and the new header is fab xo

Midnight Cowgirl said...

Love that bag! Will have to check it out.

Dorm Bedding said...

Glad to see you're enjoying your time there :)

Gracey said...

Wow those are cute bags!
Love your outfit :) glad you're adjusting well

ellief said...

I love those bags - I am definitely going to check out their website