Saturday, June 5, 2010

Surfing into Summer

Photobucket

Just discovered the Surf Lodge in Montauk, NY and I'm endlessly daydreaming aboout escaping away to this little oasis. It combines two of my favorite things; surf culture and design to create an unbelivably cool but not pretentious atmosphere. I can already hear the waves calling my name!

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket
photos via designsponge

Retro surf culture whether it be in the form of boardshorts, vintage surf club tees, or Hawiian prints has always been super inspiring to me. I love the colors and cheerful prints, and smewhat kitschy feel.

Photobucket


Where are you dreaming about vacationing to?

xoxo, lauren

P.S. Sorry I've been so busy this week getting adjusted to my new internship, can't wait to get all caught up on my blog reading!
Pin It!

12 comments:

bee.marie said...

Definitely wanting to kidnap some friends and roadtrip..theres so much of the US we have yet to see! or Europe or California. I just can't decide. I have nothing to do and want to do it all. I wish money wasnt an issue and i had friends that would be okay with a horrible hotel rooms and no money for the sake of the adventure!

Le Sigh of a Fashionista said...

Dreaming of a trip to California. The sand, beach, water, food, culture---ahhhhh need to go now!!

Sherin said...

Wow, it looks like such a cool place. I think if I lived nearer to a beach, I would definitely be a surfer. I've always wanted to surf!

LML said...

this is sooo you! i love it! design sponge is Uhmazing:)

K8 said...

I totally wanna visit that surf lodge!

Fashion X K8.blogspot.com

Gracey said...

That looks so cool! I love surfing too. I would totally visit there if I lived closer.

http://breakfastatgraceys.blogspot.com/

Jesson Balaoing said...

Nice post, like it.... keep blogging.

Twin XL said...

I'm daydreaming about any place sunny, warm, & by the ocean :)

Maddy said...

Sounds like a road trip is in order :) This would be a perfect weekend getaway with friends! Thanks for the heads up :)

Taylor Sterling said...

I love it! I am such a beach girl!

lisa said...

I'm dreaming of a fall trip to New York at the moment actually. Just have to plan and book it. ;-)

Dorm Bedding said...

Ahhh, I just LOVE summer!!!