Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Gaga for Gingham

 I was instantly drawn the street style image from Elle.com; how cute is her adorably preppy gingham button down & copper cuffed shorts (& the pup)?! Around my office, there's no shortage of people sporting cute checked blouses, fueling my need to add one to my wish list.

Photobucket

I love that the colored gingham look is less Dorothy from Wizard of Oz now & more of a modern preppy look now. This trend has been hitting menswear in a big way lately, but it's about to hit women's styles now too. Updated stylng into sweetheart neckline dresses & pintucked blouses give this 50's print new life. The great thing about gingham is that it could easily transition from summer into fall! 

Get inspired by these vintage gingham images from the forties and fifties!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

xoxo, lauren

Pin It!

17 comments:

Caroline Hallemann said...

I'm so excited about this trend--I love all things vintage-inspired :) If you're looking for an affordable gingham skirt, American Apparel one that comes in a wide variety of colors and is only $36 (http://store.americanapparel.net/rsags300.html)!

xo
Caroline

Leia said...

Gingham is preppy perfection! I think it might look silly with my skin tone though :(

Leia

Sherin said...

I am so obsessed with gingham. I have the most adorable gingham dress. It always looks good.

Audrey Allure said...

So cute, love the dress from the lookbook.nu pic!

becka said...

th last picture it's so beautiful!!! love th one of modcloth, xoxo

LML said...

gingham is so perfect for the summer :)

Aury said...

Gingham is gorgeous :)

Shelli @ Style Ingenuity said...

I love gingham! I have a gingham button-down shirt and I usually wear it tied in a knot about my belly with a pair of skinny jeans rolled up to my calf with a pair of Keds and a fedora.

Shelli from Style Ingenuity
(newest follower)
www.styleingenuity.com

E said...

I have nothing gingham in my closet right now! I need something!!

fritha louise said...

I'm loving gingham at the moment. So summery!

StyleNonsense said...

I Love A Good Gingham Check!
StyleNonsense.blogspot.com

S.Elisabeth said...

Oh Gingham is my favorite print ever. I remember looking at the Christopher Kane collection and nearly falling off my seat in my excitement over the return of gingham!
Ah and I agree that Elle image is lovely!

bee.marie said...

I LOVE GINGHAM. I just saw a bunch of cute ones at J.Crew...I want the light purple one they have.

teenfashionista said...

I love gingham too, and I just bought a gingham dress majorly on sale at J. Crew. Eeee, can't wait to wear it!

ediot said...

nice post. i love the dresses in the first collage. so nice.
hope youre having a wonderful week.
-about the preschool teacher ed. its ok i guess- but i want to work with fashion a lot more- so that's what im gonna work hard to try to do from now on.

xx

lisa said...

Gingham is such a classic!

Retro Petite said...

Great post love the vintage style and these pictures are great. Just found your site today glad i did it's fantastic