Monday, August 16, 2010

Inspired by: The Great Outdoors

The Great Outdoors
So today I came to the realization that a mere week from now I'll be sitting in class..absolute madness! I can't believe how quickly the summer flew by. It was an incredible learning experience & I enjoyed being totally out of my element living in the Midwest for the last 3 months! I gave up the sizzling temperatures and beaches of FL for hikes in the state park, outdoor festivals, floating in the lake, & weekly burger night.. & loved every minute of it.
Photobucket
Going hiking to a cave at the State Park
Photobucket
Dinner w/ one of my favorite interns & fellow blogger @ Simply Fabulous Fashion

I think living up here really influenced my style.. as I've gained a greater appreciation for the outdoors I've noticed my wardrobe has too. I've incorporated more plaids, nature inspired items like turquoise, floral prints & leather, and rugged but classic denim into my wardrobe. My love for the great outdoors as even extended to my beauty repetoire- I've started using more organic skin care products too; a new favorite is plant oil, particularly Argan oil (perfect for conditioning hair after a dip in the lake!).

Photobucket
Here's a totally blurry computer photo of my outfit today (oh the joys of a dead camera battery)! I'm wearing a pale pink skirt  my favorite tan ankle cowboy boots, a floral print scarf & olive tank.
What destination inspires your outfit choices?
xoxo, Lauren
Pin It!

12 comments :

Under the Fluorescents said...

i was actually going to do a similar post tomorrow! i got inspired by my recent trip to the beach! i love the booties! they are super cute. i hope you had fun in nature!

http://underthefluorescents.blogspot.com/

teenfashionista said...

I'm so happy the Midwest treated you well! You look so adorable, as usual. :)

PetiteLittleGirl said...

I am loving your outfit. It has a little bit of Fall look to it but still summery
------------------------------------------------------
Want to win a pairs of designer denim? Go to PetiteLittleGirl.com for more details

gleenn said...

you girls rock. I'm loving your outfits and smiles :)

Kate Wilson said...

Love that first outfit with the rolled jeans, plaid, and ankle boots. I use to hate those kind of boots but they're really growing on me!

GRACE MANALO said...

hey girl! you commented on one of my designs on my old blog like 2 years ago and i just found it today! welp, i wanted to say that your blog is TRES CUTE (: and i'm excited to see your future posts! i also see you're a fash merch major in FL i'm a merch major at Delaware, too! (:

stay fly (:

-grace

http://www.gracemanalo.blogspot.com

Simply Fabulous Fashion said...

Aww, cute post :) Had the absolute best summer with you in Wisconsin. Loved the shopping trips to State Street, Comedy Club nights, hikes in the park, laying out on the beach every weekend, and our nights out in Rideway! Hopefully I'll be seeing you back in WI next year! xoxo

L'Amour et la Paix said...

Sounds like a fun summer! Your outfit is super cute! xo

http://lamouretlapaix.blogspot.com/

Sherin said...

Definitely sounds like a fun summer. I love going to hikes!
You look great in the pictures.

Audrey Allure said...

Great pictures & really cute outfit :)

And I love that blue plaid shirt!

hélène said...

Isn't it crazy how fast summer flies by?! Love your picks in your collage, especially the shoes! You look great in the photos too, i can only imagine how living in the midwest can influence one's style! xx

becka said...

love the boots!