Thursday, September 16, 2010

Aloha to Marc Jacobs S/S11!

Usually Marc Jacobs' collections take a little while to grow on me. It's not that I don't see the beauty in them or the inspiration behind them, its the wearability factor. Usually it's like a light bulb goes off and suddenly I love it as much as all of his looks. But, his Spring 11 Collection was different for me; it was love at first sight!
Photobucket
I think everyone examines fashion collections with their own personal lens bringing their views and personal experiences to a designer's runway looks.
Personally, I found Marc's SS11 Collection to remind me of vintage Hawaiian &amp, gold dipped sunsets, & the flora of the islands. The palette, flower-like hair pieces, and blousiness all remind me of my favorite place on earth.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
What inspiration do you see in Marc Jacobs' collection?

xoxo, lauren

7 comments:

Leia said...

I love this collection, and I agree - it reminds me of an island holiday!

Leia

mademoisellehannah said...

I hadn't thought about Marc Jacobs as a Hawaiian collection, but now that you mention it, I definitely see the connection! All the oversized flowers and vivid colors reminded me of Carrie Bradshaw. It wasn't one of my favorite collections, but I loved the color scheme.

xoxo Hannah

MizzJ said...

Ohh you're right! Good eye! Hawaii is my favourite place on Earth too.

S. said...

We had the same impression! =)

Kate said...

I can totally see the Hawaiian elements from his collection. I haven't looked at the whole thing yet. & glad you liked DKNY (:

http://basiikblog.blogspot.com

Cafe Fashionista said...

I truly cannot get over this Marc by Marc Jacobs Collection - it is phenom! The inspiration I see behind it is that of deserted islands, pretty drinks, umbrellas in the sand...Love!! :)

Midnight Cowgirl said...

Beautiful collection! Vintage Hawaii is the perfect way to describe it.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin