Monday, October 25, 2010

Faux Fur; Real Glam

This Vogue Russia editorial features everything I'm obsessed with this Winter; faux fur vests and jackets, piles of turquoise jewelry, and lots of denim. Faux fur is an easy and fairly inexpensive way to add a dose of glamour to an outfit without breaking the bank (or questioning your ethics).

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Check out these looks inspired by the editorial. Try pairing faux fur collars, vests, and jackets with fall fabrics like tweed, plaid, and denim.

Try this Trend: Faux Fur
Would you wear faux fur? If so, how would you style it?

xoxo, lauren

P.S. I'll be announcing the winner of the $100 Shopbop giveaway in my next post; thank you for entering!!
Pin It!

9 comments:

lisa said...

I'm all set for rocking the faux fur trend with my Uniqlo faux fur scarf. :D

mademoisellehannah said...

I just wore a black faux fur vest the other day over a long-sleeve LBD with black pumps and a black satchel with gold accents. I loved the outfit!

The editorial you posted is great inspiration, too.

xoxo Hannah

veronicaa said...

I love faux fur as a vest, on boots, or as a layer underneath a leather jacket!

XO Veronica
http://fashi0npassi0n.blogspot.com

Mariña " La Marquesa" said...

I am actually liking a lot this faux fur style. My worrie is that it will look bad and dirty very soon....today at lunch time I will go to get my faux fur bag :)

Emilie said...

vogue russia always has the best editorials :D

xxx

lifeisroyalty.blogspot.com

Cafe Fashionista said...

I LOVE faux fur; sadly, I don't like how it looks on me - I'm short and it overwhelms my frame. Nevertheless, if I were to wear it, I'd style it with dark wash skinny jeans and a plain v-neck top so that it would stand out!! :)

Alicia said...

I am completely obsessed with furs right now! And I especially love that middle look that you put together, ripped jeans and fur vest is always a great combo!!

dulcentlydawn said...

I have NO idea how to style my faux fur jacket - am in dire need of inspiration! I'm still in time though; the weather here isn't cold enough for furriness!

hélène said...

Love this look, and so happy to see Hilary in an editorial! Such a perfect effortless look for the fall.