Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Stylish Last Minute Halloween Costumes

Last Minute Halloween Costumes
As a college student one of my dilemmas around this time of year is too many Halloween parties, & not enough costume choices. I never want to wear the same thing twice, but I hate spending a bunch of money on a cheap Halloween costume I'll never wear again. This is when my creative inner fashion student comes out.. I take hte opportunity to go hunting through my closet for some potential costume combinations.
It's easy to create a costume around items everyone has in their closet just by adding a few accompanying accessories to get the full effect:
  • Plaid Shirts: add an axe, trendy desert boots, and a trapper hat to be a chic lumberjack.
  • Drapey White Dress: Pair with a gold lead headband, metallic gladiators, and a gold cuff to be a grecian goddess.
  • Little Black Dress: Channel your inner Holly Golightly from Breakfast at Tiffany's by toting a teal Tiffany & Co bag, and a necklace full of pearls.
What costumes have you come up with out of pieces already in your closet?

xoxo, lauren

P.S. Congrats to Kate of O My Heart for winning the Shopbop giveaway! Thank you everyone for entering; keep checking back for more fashionable giveaways!
Pin It!

13 comments:

Sara. said...

the lumberjack costume is adorable :).

Lauren said...

LOVE these ideas! I'm raiding my closet too instead of buying something new. But, I've got period renaissance dresses in there and a bunch of other crazy stuff from my drama student days. The only challenge is fitting into them again.

Leia said...

This is so clever Lauren! I think I could easily do #2 and #3! :)

Leia

MizzJ said...

Hehe I like the lumberjack idea!

Sherin said...

Really good ideas. I love the Grecian goddess one! It's so simple and perfect.

Alexandra Joy said...

Great ideas! We're doing a 20's inspired day at Anthro to celebrate Halloween. I plan to rock a great lace dress, long pearls and am still on the hunt for the perfect, iconic cloche hat. Vintage stores here I come!

Bostonista said...

So super cute!!

hélène said...

Love the holly golightly one!

mademoisellehannah said...

My Halloween costume is up in the air, so I was considering dressing as Holly Golightly. I have a major infatuation with her character, so it's the perfect look for me to channel. It puts my new LBD to good use!

xoxo Hannah

Midnight Cowgirl said...

Love Holly Golightly!

high heels shoes said...

Christian Louboutin
Christian Louiboutin Pumps with skinny jeans plus a leather flight jacket the size of the reliable exquisite facade. How you can boost your self-image during this scenario is become ever more challenging. And at the moment, pair of Christian Pumps really should be the essential equipment. So usually do not hesitate to acquire them to your Christian Louiboutin Pumps.Bear in mind the Christian Louboutin footwear certainly not let you down. These are so sexy, gorgeous, shining and trendy.

Mens Halloween Costumes said...

I like your Greek Goddess idea.Its different.

Wedding outfits for men said...

That is a pretty interesting post. Thanks for the info. such a very great post.