Friday, October 8, 2010

Test-Driving Trends

Photobucket
I love the british "Keep Calm & Carry On" signs; life has been so crazy and hectic lately, it's a great reminder to slow down and enjoy things.
I've been searching for a pair of affordable satin-y harem pants for a while. I found this Lauren Conrad for Kohls pair waiting for me on a sales rack for a mere $10. I paired it with an ultra comfy Michael Stars V-Neck and new Target studded heeled clogs that I scored for $20. I love any chance to test drive trends before investing in them!
Photobucket
Do you ever buy inexpensive trendy pieces at Target, H&M, or Forever 21 rather than splurging?
xoxo, Lauren
P.S. Check back at the end of the weekend for an exciting giveaway from one of my favorite online retailers!

13 comments:

Lindsay said...

Pretty much all my trendy pieces come from the stores you mentioned. I love those shoes! Might have to check them out in my size :)

mademoisellehannah said...

You look fantastic! The shoes really pull the whole look together.

xoxo Hannah

Cupcakes and Cosmopolitans said...

Hello!
You look effin' adorable. I can't believe you got those pants for 10$. What a good deal...I been meaning to check out LC's Kohls line for some time now, but don't really go to Kohls, so haven't seen her line. But after seeing this, I need to find my nearest Kohls.

$armin<3

PetiteLittleGirl said...

I love H&M but try to stay away from F21. I hardly splurge on clothes. I don't wear them enough to make them worth the money. The only thing I don't mind investing is jackets and purses

MizzJ said...

You look great in this outfit, so classy and put-together!

BASIIK said...

Such cute clogs; I'm searching for a black pair. I work at TJ Maxx so I buy a lot of my designer stuff there and buy a lot of things H&M.

http://basiikblog.blogspot.com

Leia said...

Lauren, you look great! I love picking up cheaper pieces at H&M to test-drive trends :)

Leia

Sherin said...

I love the Keep Calm and Carry On signs!! You look great in those pants: they really suit you.

I test drive trends all the time from high street retailers.

Midnight Cowgirl said...

I love to shop Forever 21 for trends I want to try.

E said...

Those pants are so fantastic!

hélène said...

Love the look, so classic and chic! xx

lisa said...

I love the clean tailored look of these pants and how you styled them with the cuffed hems and skinny belt! I tend to shop at H&M more than F21 just because H&M uses slightly better fabrics and seems to last longer.

Patricia Olesen said...

NICE BLOG

Hugs from Sweden

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin