Monday, November 22, 2010

Bachelorette Pad Inspiration

In a few short months I'll be making a "big girl move", starting a "big girl job" & moving into my "big girl apartment" in Wisconsin. Therefore, lately I've been in major home decorating and interior design mode. Beautiful abodes from Apartment Therapy & Decor 8 have taken over my inspiration folders & I've been making rather enormous christmas lists on the Anthropologie site.
Today, I stumbled upon virtual home decor & design magazine, Rue Mag.  I drooled over all the gorgeous, creative and inspiring homes they featured in their holiday issue. Make sure to check out the site; it'll have you itching to redecorate!
 Here a few of my favorites:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I think i've decided the look i'm going for in the living room is a modern bohemian feel (peacock, natural materials, earth and jewel tones, bold photography on the walls, & a book case full of fashion books) and  & the bedroom will be a shabby chic parisian style (lace, sequins, leopard, prints of Paris, & a collage of frames above the bed).
bachelorette pad inspiration
I can't wait to go home and visit my family over Thanksgiving break & start my apartment decorating ventures at the newly opened Ikea! In the meantime, does anyone have any suggestions of great interior design blogs or better yet-- affordable stores for home decor?

xoxo, lauren
Pin It!

14 comments :

FASHION SNAG said...

I am so excited for you to move into your new apt. That is awesome Lauren! xo

www.FashionSnag.com

MizzJ said...

It's so fun thinking of how to decorate your first place! I like the images you've chosen here; very bright and clean!

Cafe Fashionista said...

I love love Rue Mag. Also, I think I need to invest in a leopard faux fur coat for home decor!! :)

Anonymous said...

Lauren, what a great post! Anthropologie is my favorite but sooo expensive, I just go there to look then try to find similar stuff at target, ikea, thrift stores or craigslist...

-Janna

Megan said...

I like Target for cute but cheap furniture.

http://fashiontriedandtrue.blogspot.com/

Tiffany Ashley said...

Rue is the best! What perfect timing for you to discover. Good Luck with your move and Congratulations-

Tiffany @ Delightfully Chic

delightfully-chic.blogspot.com

Kelsey said...

I have no idea if you're a fan already, but I'm absolutely addicted to DesignSponge!
http://www.designspongeonline.com/

Alicia said...

Oh I haven't had time to look at this issue of Rue Mag (it's actually the 2nd) but saving it for tonight!! Great inspiration for your new place - how exciting ;) !!!

ediot said...

sucH an inspirational post. love these photos. adding some of these to my inspiration folder.
hope you had a good weekend dear
take care
xx

Petite Chic[k] said...

That's so exciting--I can't wait to move out on my own for real, too. I love modern design with a twist, the yellow kitchen is really beautiful!

Midnight Cowgirl said...

I'm feeling the need to redecorate, but I'm hoping to move in the Spring so shall have to wait. Old Domino mags are a wonderful source of inspiration.

The Femme Fatale said...

Great source of inspiration! I love the bedspread with the bright pink colours. I'll be decorating in a shabby chic fashion when I move out of home too! Best of luck in finding the perfect first apartment :)

chellemorgan said...

Don't even get me started on the wonderful world of home decor. I could dream for hours about how my potential home will look someday.. for now, I stick to lavishing my room with photos of marilyn monroe and the eiffel tower. sigh.

Xo Chelle
discoveringelegance.com

Caroline said...

Isn't Rue so fabulous? and I love that blue ikat pillow--so chic.

Happy Thanksgiving!
xo