Saturday, November 13, 2010

Fabulous in Fair Isle

Photobucket
It all started by saving a simple fair isle sweater picture to my inspiration file.. which sent me me on a quest for adding one to my cool weather wardrobe and trackin down this winter trend! Dolce & Gabbana had a great take on the iconic weave in their Fall 2010 runway show and gave it an update with chunky knits and furry boots.
Photobucket
So when exactly did this traditional sweater become cool? I don't know but I'm not complaining-- I'm in favor of any look that allows you to be cozy and stylish. It's really easy to give a classic winter look a trendy edge, by pairing it with a trendy buffalo plaid, heeled hiking boot, or lacy cardigan.
Fabulous in Fair Isle
How would you style a fair isle sweater?
xoxo, lauren

P.S. Congrats to the winners of the Corrie Mae bangles: E, Oh Apostrophe and a La Mode et Plus. Thank you for entering! Make sure to enter to win a Parameter Motorcycle Jacket

14 comments:

chellemorgan said...

I love these types of sweaters I just never know exactly how to style them! I really love the D&G high necked cream and black one. I think thats the perfect silhouette for them: belted, tights, and a great pair of boots.

Xo Chelle
discoveringelegance.com

jessidebergerac said...

Ooooh, I love that cardi with the lace around the shoulders and the fair isle sweater dress!

xox

Jessi

Lex said...

I was looking up Fair Isle the other day. I think it looks so perfect with just a simple pair of dark jeans.

Marian said...

thanks for sharing these fair isle looks
xx
marian

Midnight Cowgirl said...

I'd style a fair isle sweater with a pair of leggings and some mukluks.

Nicoline said...

Love your blog!! I hope you will visit or follow mine:)
www.abitofeverything-nicoline.blogspot.com

Rosa said...

Lauren!! thanks for your lovely comment Im following you on twitter hope u follow back :)
The Mary Janes are from F21 and remember Im in Panama so hot all year round Thank God :)
xx
Rosa

My Stylish Little Secret
http://mystylishlittlesecret.blogspot.com/

Cafe Fashionista said...

Ooh, I would definitely style my fair isle sweater with black leggings and boots - love love! That reminds me, I need to find a fabulous fair isle knit of my own!! :)

Kayraheart.fashion said...

Lovely blog....The knits are amazing and the prints on them are so FAB...GOrgeous way to bundle up for cold weather and even look Amazing

Alicia said...

Really love these chunky knits paired with leggings and boots... so cozy! And graduating college / transitioning into the working world is such an exciting time! ;)

Allison said...

I really, really love big, chunky sweaters (especially being in the Northeast). I adore Fair Isle too - it's so timeless, and yet stays updated with fabulous boots and leggings! :) Love all your selections, Lauren! xo

Ria said...

Totally love these types of or jackets and cardigans now and I can't explain it. Got a few similar well priced prints up on www.filthymagic.com

Paola said...

I love these sweater!!!I have some very similar!!!;)

http://paolinasspace.blogspot.com/

Kate said...

I am so in love with fair isle this year! So cozy & wintery! I just ordered a fair isle sweater dress, and cannot waaaait until it arrives! All of these ones are absolutely gorgeous! Lovelovelove the first two D&G looks!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin