Sunday, November 28, 2010

Fashion Royalty

So, instead of studying for my History of Dress exam I've been catching up on my blogging-- but I figured since this Vogue Russia editorial features decadent Elizabethan fashion with a twist then im technically still getting my study on right?
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
It's been on of my favorite classes I've had in college; it combines two of my favorite subjects, history and fashion. It's really interesting hearing about the crazy things people did in the name of fashion (though, I'm sure people could say the same about modern times). I think it's important to understand the history of fashion in order to understand and predict the future of the industry.
Photobucket
xoxo, lauren
Pin It!

13 comments:

FASHION SNAG said...

Love the first outfit! Good luck with your studies.

www.FashionSnag.com

little moon lover said...

incredible photos!
this is just art.. loved every single piece, from head to toe.. thanks for sharing..
stay cool girl

mademoisellehannah said...

The pink gown is stunning! Thanks for sharing.

xoxo Hannah

Spence. said...

Amazing editorial
x

Sarah said...

All really good points. Great photos too! :D

P.S. Just wanted to let you know that I emailed you all my info for the giveaway. I'm excited to wear that awesome motorcycle jacket!

Sarah
fashionableconversation@gmail.com

Megan said...

I know, 15th/16th century london fashion is amazing to study. Even the men were wearing crazy outfits.

http://fashiontriedandtrue.blogspot.com/

Sherin said...

I loved that editorial! History is definitely really important when learning about fashion. I love seeing the influences that history has had on modern times.

Famous Fashion Designers said...

Your Blog's post is excellent and the posts are very relevant to my query, found very useful. Our online shopping destination is providing fabulous festive sale, Women Fashion Clothing, Baby Baniya's new collection of bags, Autumn/Winter fashion show in New Delhi India. Thanks for your informative post.

Carl said...

Really an amazing post about the Fashion Royalty,also the picture given about that is also great.

__________________

Finance Dissertation

Cafe Fashionista said...

Ooh, this editorial is incredibly fierce! :)

lisa said...

Love the drama of those Elizabethan collars.

Jaime @ La vie...J'aime said...

beautiful! i love pics 1 and 4.

Natalie said...

Just wanted to let you know I used the top photo on my blog! Thanks it's lovely!! http://ioet.com