Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Janie Bryant Does Sixties Chic

I found this video webseries called "Style Innovators" on Caroline's blog, Style of a 20-Something. I don't even watch Mad Men (maybe I should be!), but it's easy to see the influence their  Emmy award winning costume designer, Janie Bryant has had on fashion.
I absolutely loved the peek inside her own closet, adorable southern accent, a look at the archives where she finds inspiration, and look a cocktail party she throws. I  know y'all would enjoy watching!
Steal her Style: Janie Bryant
In the video you learn that Janie has had a love of  vintage since she was a kid. She'd wear her mom's old dresses to school in the 80's and scoured thrift stores while living in Tennessee. Her passion for vintage has never left, Mad Men is the perfect job for her! Janie just released a new book, the Fashion File, which I already know I'm going to need for my coffee table! She also has a clothing line called MOD for QVC.
Do you watch Mad Men or get inspired by 60's style? I can't get enough of maxi floral print and shirtdresses, faux fur, giant cocktail rings, and statement-making chandelier earrings.
xoxo, lauren

14 comments:

Emilie said...

I really like the video :)

xoxoxo

lifeisroyalty.blogspot.com

A La Mode et Plus! said...

I have seen a few episodes of the show but I am not a regular viewer. This lady is fantastic though! I am craving her book as well :)

BASIIK said...

I love looking into other people's closets.

http://basiikblog.blogspot.com

Lauren said...

i really should start watching this show, everytime i see pictures on set, it makes me want to live in the 60's

E said...

Oh those cocktail rings - I die! Need more in my life!

Ashley said...

whoa, cool! I want it all.
I probably need to start watching Mad Men too... too bad I'm stuck on Law and Order reruns!

Allison said...

I love cocktail rings so much, I really do... I wish I wore more of them, except my fingers are basically little bones, and big, gorgeous cocktail rings overwhelm them so much. I also NEED to get into floral print maxi dresses - or any maxi dress, really :) Love, love, loved this post, girl!

jeanine romo said...

I'm so loving the 60s right now. My jewelry line for spring is 60s inspired. I can't wait until its complete :)

xx,
Jeanine
www.alexandvina.com

Midnight Cowgirl said...

I don't watch Mad Men, but I love seeing the clothes form the show.

Caroline said...

Thanks for the shout out Lauren! I'm so glad you liked the video as much as I did!
xo
Caroline

Caroline Hallemann said...

Thanks for the shout out Lauren! I'm so glad you liked the video as much as I did!
xo
Caroline

Artfully Awear said...

Oh, she is amazing--such an inspiration!

Orphaned Apparel said...

Wow. Here I was enjoying her closet (I love closet tours!) and then they went to the research library. I about passed out. Incredible! I'm thinking I need to start watching Mad Men.

Tinfoils Tiaras said...

I keep meaning to start watching Mad Men but Glee is stealing my attention currently! Great post- the video reminds me of closet confessions-new follower :)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin