Wednesday, February 9, 2011

LPF's Bachelorette Pad: Shabby-Chic Parisian Boudoir

Possibly the most exciting thing about moving (besides starting the job of my dreams of course!) is being able to decorate a place of my own. Once I was able to visualize exactly the feel I was going for in each of my living spaces, I've been searching for the perfect decor anywhere and everywhere. I felt like I wanted my bedroom to feel cozy, stylish and "me" so I decided on a sort of shabby-chic Parisian boudoir look.

Here's a mood board of the look I'm going for and things I've purchased so far. I'm going for a color palette of white, black, and silver with pops of pink and tiffany blue.
Bachelorette Pad: Parisian Boudoir
I like the idea of a playful pop of a washed out leopard print underneath my tiered ruffled duvet and my mom's sewing pillowcases for me with maps of Paris. I have 6 or so mismatched silver frames to put black and white pictures of friends and family in above my bed. I found a beautiful, vintage mirrored tray at a thrift store where I want to create a sort of  french themed vignette. I'm also obsessing over the romantic feel of oversized cabbage roses, huge ostrich feather plumes, and prints of L'audree macaroons & paris cityscapes.
These are the images that have been inspiring me for creating my perfect bedroom (sorry for the picture ovearload; i'm just very visual!):
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I'll be sure to keep everyone updated with my decorating progress once I move in! Meanwhile, if you spot any cute decor or design blogs feel free to send a link my way!
xoxo, lauren

24 comments:

Lauren said...

I can't wait to see what you do with the place. I remember my bachelorette pad - it was sweet! I did it in 1930s modern.

Jaclyn said...

I love the inspiration. can't wait to see your new place all decorated up! Move in T-2 weeks!!??

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Super cute!! And congrats on the new job! That's way exciting :)

I moved into my bachlorette pad just under two years ago and it's still coming along hehe. I went with white, black, and a sky blue. I've been trying to figure out my style but I can't seem to come up with it...I'm very into black and white fall photos and older looking lanterns. Maybe a desire to live in New England? lol

Fit For Fashion said...

I'm currently designing my bachelorette pad as well. How did you create the mood board? I've been looking for software to create one with no luck. It looks gorgeous so far! Excited to ee the finished product.

Fit For Fashion said...

Oh...have you seen sohautestyle.com? I *heart* that site! Let me know if you like!

Laura said...

Oh I can't wait to see your place! I am in the midst of decorating a new pad, too. But with a roommate so we have to combine styles. And we are on a very low budget so it isn't my dream place yet. Love the idea of a mirrored tray though!Our place definitely has a Paris theme, too.

Lauren said...

i love this girly interior style. i want a pink room when i get my own place because i've never had one :)
check out design sponge - awesome blog with tons of DIY ideas!

ediot said...

what an amazing post. so so inspiring. thanks so much for sharing. hope you're having a great week darling
xx

veronicaa said...

Ohhh girl I love thiss!
Loved the Audrey quote :) great photos and very inspirational for when i (finally) move out on my own

XO Veronica
fashi0npassi0n.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

LOVE THIS.
xo rachelamy

mademoisellehannah said...

I love this inspiration! My room is slightly shabby chic, too - pale blue, white, and chestnut with an enormous Audrey Hepburn poster. I'm looking forward to seeing how the finished room turns out.

xoxo Hannah

Ashley said...

hooray, good for you! so exciting! sorry if I'm late on the up take, but what's the new job you're starting?

Lindsay said...

Love it. Great inspiration. I can't wait to see how it turns out. I will keep an eye out for you!

Maddy said...

this would be perfect! i love this color scheme.. especially the light light pinks and the Tiffany blue. I can't wait to see pictures of your bachelorette pad!

Blair said...

Well, mine is still in the beginning stages but I am in the process of decorating my apartment and blogging about it! I think my jewelry displays would be right up your alley though!

~Blair
http://thefirstapartment.blogspot.com

Maggie @ CheapCollegeChic said...

i have that bed frame from ikea! it's seriously the cutest bed ever! I always get compliments on it, and it has held up really well so far! i love the look you are going for - i'm sure it will be fab!

Allison said...

I say the more pictures the better! Seriously, a Parisian inspired bedroom could not be more perfect - and I love the colors and everything that inspired you in this process. I can't wait to see pictures of the real thing - so excited for you and all the amazing new changes in store for you, girl! :)
xox

Leia said...

Lauren this is going straight to my inspiration photo! I've never decorated before and am really scared about decorating my new place that I'm going to move into in April. Decorating on a budget is the hardest!

Leia

A line said...

Lovely photos :)
http://a-line-fashion.blogspot.com/

Midnight Cowgirl said...

Can't wait to see pictures of your new place! Love the Parisian Boudoir theme.

The Unemployed Fashionista said...

My apartment has the same theme going minus the tiffany blue, add some purple! We would still be perfect roomies haha!

shoes uk said...

very nice collection i like it very much so amazing superb amazing i like it nice post
all your collection is very well

High quality Mulberry Bags said...

vMulberry bags specializes in leather goods, from Mulberry bags uk in southwest England, the superb Mulberry Alexa Bags to build, combined with practical, original and mulberry leather bags touch and original creative design and beautiful style escape from other brands, to classic mulberry handbags antique style, commodities Also thick smell of thick leather, extensive use of metal rivets, and buckle, Mulberry Bayswater Bags copper metal parts, mulberry outlet can help medieval times

Cheap Diesel Jeans said...

According to Korea, 23, Diesel Jeans reported in yangzhou trip is Kim jong Diesel UK easily, he sailed toured the lake, also visited the yangzhou Cheap Diesel Jeans Macao solar technology companies Diesel Jeans sale huarun suguo supermarket, on-the-spot understand Chinese solar technology development status and rice, Diesel Mens Jeans and oil prices of supplies. 24 8:00

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin