Monday, February 28, 2011

New Girl in Town

Today was my first day of work. It went great and makes me really excited for the future. I'm still getting settled in my new house and becoming used to living in a different part of the country! I've tried to keep little touches of florida in all of my decorating.

I thought I'd share a few snapshots of my first few days here:
Photobucket
Learning how to dress in layers!

Here are a few images of my not entirely completed living room:
Photobucket
My coach is covered in printed pillows that my mom made w/ fabric I picked!

Photobucket
I have about 5 Capri Blue volcando candles; I'm obsessed!

Photobucket
I love seeing this "Keep Calm & Carry On"  reminder as I walk out the door every day!

Photobucket
my bookcase from ikea houses all my favorite fashion books & pictures of friends

Photobucket
Colorful down jackets & scarves give my coat rack a little bit of life!

Photobucket

I've thankfully been keeping very busy unpacking and decorating my place and trying to make myself feel at home in new surroundings. Thanks for all the support from family/friends/bloggers!

xoxo, lauren
Pin It!

12 comments :

Ashley said...

Looks as though the midwest is doing you well so far! and I noticed you have INFLUENCE - the mka book! isn't it fantastic!

Stefanie Grace said...

It looks fabulous! Hope you are loving it! It can be hard moving to a new place, but often those situations turn into places that you never want to leave!

Laura said...

I love your first work outfit!! Totally chic. Hope you are settling in now, and getting adjusted. A move always takes a little time for everything to feel like home.

rυnawayιnla. said...

Love your boots in the first photo! =) And congrats on the new apartment, my dream has always been to own my own apartment one day! It looks like you're decorating quite nicely though! =D

Leia said...

Lauren I adore your cold weather chic outfits and your bachelorette pad! I hope everything in your new surroundings treat you well!

Leia

Sherin said...

Glad to see you're settling in! The apartment looks really cool. I love how you've decorated it. Also loving the outfit. The first one is amazing. I love the colours.

the classic case said...

Love seeing pictures of your new life! You look so happy.

P.S. In regards to your blue moon pitchers comment, I seriously feel like we could be friends! :)

BASIIK said...

I love the outfits and fashion shelf. I especially love that red sweater!

Maddy said...

How sweet of your mom to make throw pillows! It's like you have a bit of her in your new place :)

Lauren said...

i love the keep calm, carry on poster!

Nihmen T. said...

I love your plaid coat! Congrats on the new job and good luck :) I just started blogging this weekend haha. Do you mind checking out my blog? Thank you :)

mascaraandmk.com

Allison said...

I love everything about this post, dear Lauren! So happy that you're settling in and acclimating to the temperature change (in such a stylish way!). Your house is adorable, and I love all the little touches you've made to make it more home-y.
Congrats on the new job - I hope your first few days have been absolutely perfect!