Sunday, March 6, 2011

A Touch of Paris in the Midwest

  One of the rooms I was most excited to start decorating was my bedroom. I wanted comfort, French feminimity, and glamour all rolled into one. I feel like a bedroom is supposed to be a sanctuary; somewhere to just relax and unwind after a long day.

It's still coming together, but here are a few snapshots of my "Parisian Boudoir":

I love how this nightstand came together!

This Urban Outfitters duvet cover w/ down comforter inside is like sleeping on a cloud! My bed frame is yet to be put together.. oops!

A stack of fashion books, mirrored plate & tiffany box on my other nightstand!

My black Ikea dresser & mementos

Scored this dish at a thrift store & a pair of fierce heels on display

This is a picture I took of the Tour Eiffel while in France that I'm getting printed on canvas!

This black decal decorates my closet & I hung a ruffled party dress outside my door.

I just printed these quotes on patterned cardstock & stuck them in my Paris map memo board!

I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend; I'm excited for a new work week (dorky? yes, but I'm loving my job, so it's a good thing!)

xoxo, lauren


LV said...

Gorgeous! I love the Tiffany blue with the pink, white and black. Classy and fun. :)

BASIIK said...

I love the Eifell Tower dish & printed eifell pillow.

the classic case said...

Love that duvet cover! Would you recommend Valley of the Dolls?

Ashley said...

oh my gosh you put so much thought into your rooms! I love it!
it's so beautiful!

The Aly Way said...

so cute! I love the idea of getting a photo printed on canvas, so smart!

MizzJ said...

Your room is so cute especially your lamps! Hehe it's cute too how you have display shoes.

Leia said...

Your bedroom looks awesome Lauren!


Lindsay said...

It looks awesome. I absolutely adore all the French touches!

Audrey Allure said...

Beautiful! I love the flower & vase :)

Maddy said...

I agree with you on a bedroom being a sanctuary! I love what you've done with yours. Now it's time to start working on mine :)

Laura said...

Ah ok can I just love everything in this post?? Your bedroom is like heaven! That Paris photo you took- incroyable! And the cute thrifted Paris dish is magnifique!

Sherin said...

Your room looks so pretty. The pink Eiffel Tower is amazing.

sugartown said...

smart, chic & fun! <3 the paris theme

Cupcakes and Cosmopolitans said...

Your room likes great! You just gave me few ideas to update my room. & I love the picture you took of of the E.T.!


Midnight Cowgirl said...

So many things to love, and I have the same memo board!

doris said...

Adorable~~~~ love love!!

check out my blog too if you have time ^^

High quality Mulberry Bags said...

Mulberry bags specializes in leather goods, from Mulberry bags uk in southwest England, the superb Mulberry Alexa Bags to build, combined with practical, original and mulberry leather bags touch and original creative design and beautiful style escape from other brands, to classic mulberry handbags antique style, commodities Also thick smell of thick leather, extensive use of metal rivets, and buckle

Cheap Diesel Jeans said...

According to Korea, 23, Diesel Jeans reported in yangzhou trip is Kim jong Diesel UK easily, he sailed toured the lake, also visited the yangzhou Cheap Diesel Jeans Macao solar technology companies Diesel Jeans sale huarun suguo supermarket, on-the-spot understand Chinese solar technology development status and rice

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin