Saturday, May 14, 2011

How to Wear: Colorful Pants

There's just something that seems so intimidating about wearing a pair of colored bottoms! Luckily, all it takes is a little bit of strategic styling and a pairing w/ something neutral on top. I saw this image via the Glitter Guide the same day I was sporting emerald pants & stripes and it gave me just the boost of confidence I needed.
Photobucket
I love her tunic style, killer platform heels & splash of print to top off the outfit. Here was my own version:
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
What I'm Wearing:
Striped Tank: H&;M
Green Pants: Talbots
Chambray Shirt: Lands' End Canvas
Pearl Statement Necklace: Target
Wedges: T.J. Maxx

Do you own any colorful pants or shorts?

xoxo, lauren
Pin It!

10 comments :

MizzJ said...

You look uber cute here LPF! Emerald definitely becomes you. hehe this reminds me of HS when I used to rock bright red pants. Lately I've been dreaming of burgundy denim bottoms..

Panty Buns said...

It's the perfect season for colourful pants! Your pants from Talbots are a pretty shade of green.

Voe said...

You are gorgeous and I love your style. I have the same figure as you so this blog suits me down to the ground!! Now following.

All the best and good luck!

Voe.

______________
Bake with Voe.
http://pearlwhisk.blogspot.com

Tяainwяeck Tяagedy said...

What a great post! That shade of green suits you beautifully. I just bought a pair of bright yellow skinny jeans from Forever 21 just in time for summer and you've given me a great outfit idea. :)

Sherin said...

Pairing coloured trousers with a neutral top is a great idea. I love the denim shirt you paired it with. I have an orange pair and love wearing them.

BASIIK said...

The stripes look so great with the green. Cute as always.

Audrey Allure said...

Really cute look! I have a couple of colored pants but I only wear them sometimes lol.

Petite Chic[k] said...

I can't wait to try bright colored pants this summer. It's the perfect time to wear them!

oakley sunglasses said...

I love the denim shirt you paired it with. I have an orange pair and love wearing them.oakley sunglasses
Oakley Aviator Sunglasses
Oakley Celebrity Sunglasses
Oakley Polarized Sunglasses
Oakley Retro Sunglasses

Gabi said...

Hey, this is the season for colorful pants. We love it too :) Please check out our post on similar topic http://xaxii.com/article?art=brighten-up-your-bottoms-colorful-pants-and-how-to-wear-them