Sunday, June 26, 2011

American Woman

I can't believe it's almost July! I've been trying to enjoy every warm summer night & cram as much into my weekends as possible (i.e. this weekend= winery, lake house, road trip, baseball game). With 4th of July coming up this next weekend, I've been dreaming up what I want to wear!
I feel like it's the perfect weekend to get away with kitschy patriotic; denim, eyelet, ginham, American flag tees, sparkly stud earrings, and red lipstick. I plan on spending mine with a slice of homemade apple pie & sparklers in hand, but more on that in another post!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
What do you do on 4th of July (for Americans)? Or your country's Independence Day (for all my international readers)?

xoxo, lauren


Pin It!

9 comments :

StyleMeBAD said...

Ive actually never done the patriotic themed outfit for the 4th. I want to try it for this year! Red, white & Blue!!!

Laura said...

I have the perfect 4th of july shoes (especailly since they are kind of boat-y and I'll be at a lake house all weekend. But I don't have the rest of the outfit. What will you be wearing?

agenzie modelle said...

I LOVE the dress! These shoots are gorgeous! I love her style. Truly lovely it’s Great pictures. You have done great job. Good luck!

classic case said...

Winery, lake house, road trip, and a baseball game in one weekend?! Sounds like the best weekend ever!

Xoxo ☺ said...

I love the red jumper, love the outfit on the fourth pic, I know fourth of July is around the corner barbecue time! xo

the funky fashionista said...

I've never done the whole red, white, and blue thing for July 4th, but I think this year I will give it a try. Another thing you should try is the whole nautical trend. I think that would be super cute and super patriotic while still looking chic.

Julia Yvette said...

Cute suggestions. I like to go over the top in my patriotic ensembles. Here's my post on the subject. I agree with the funky fashionista that nautical stripes are a great chic choice as well.

http://fashionandhistrionics.blogspot.com/2011/06/musings-americana-apparel.html

Sarah said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the girl in the navy gingham shirt with the red mini! So cute!

Allison said...

Oh my God, that third picture is absolute perfection. I love how all these looks are fashionable and Americana all in one - this is far from your cheesy American flag t-shirt! Every one of these outfits is absolutely gorgeous (though like you, I cannot even believe that the 4th of July is right around the corner!).
Hope you're enjoying summer in your new house, dear! xo