Saturday, June 18, 2011

Dad's Day DIY's

I've seriously got the best dad ever. He reads my blog daily- I love getting his "I liked your post today!" text messages). He wears converses and surfer shirts. He introduced me to Ferris Bueller and Top Gun. He supports me in EVERYTHING I do and have set out to accomplish in life. Love you Dad!
Photobucket
So, I know a lot of you that read my blog are poor college students/new to the work force like me. As much as I'd love to spend a ton on him for Father's Day I know it's just not realistic and he'd never let me. A Hallmark card is great, but I've got some much less expensive and more special Dad's Day D.I.Y. projects!
Photobucket

Mustache Mug for the Goofy Dad
Photobucket

Popcorn Tin for the Foodie Dad
Photobucket

Initial Cufflinks for the Well-Dressed Dad
Photobucket

Leather Camping Stool for the Outdoorsy Dad
Photobucket

Scrabble Art  for the Board Game Playing Dad
Photobucket
Tie for the Traditional Dad

What's your favorite thing about your dad?

xoxo, Lauren
Pin It!

9 comments :

M said...

Awww. I loved this post and I'm sure your Dad did too! ;) I love a lot of things about my own Dad, but most of all for how he taught me from an early age to always look like you know what you're doing and where you're going, not care what other people think, and to never brag about your accomplishments. Very sound advice! I might have to get him something off your list now. :)

Kimberlee said...

haha aww your dad sounds so cool!

Sherin said...

Your dad sounds great. Mine's awesome too. I love getting him ties and socks, hehe.

Blair said...

Dads are the best at being supportive. I made mine BBQ sauce for father's day! It was an inexpensive gift but showed how much I cared and knew him (and his love of BBQ). http://thefirstapartment.blogspot.com/2011/06/fathers-day-gift-bbq-sauce.html

-Blair

Leia said...

These are all such great ideas! :)

Leia

Allison said...

I love that you and your dad have such an amazing relationship - he sounds amazing!
I wish that I had seen this post a few days ago! I was down to the wire, and running to J. Crew trying to find something - and I hate giving gifts just to give them, I like there to be meaning behind them.
My dad is impossible to shop for because he buys everything he wants for himself (so annoying!). I ended up (along with the lame shirt), giving him an IOU for lunch in the city - a fun way to spend time together! :)
Amazing post, Lauren!

RedPoppy said...

Such a lovely post! So sweet that your dad reads your blog daily xo redpoppyfashion.blogspot.com

oakley sunglasses said...

Thanks for your sharing.

oakley sunglasses said...

woo,really very cool.I like the DIY and the fashion very much.Thanks for your sharing.Cheese.
Oakley Aviator Sunglasses
Oakley Celebrity Sunglasses
Oakley Polarized Sunglasses
Oakley Retro Sunglasses