Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Sheer Perfection

Like it or not, sheer shirts, skirts, and dresses are not going anywhere. They've continued to make a statement on the runway, and into the street style photos of trendsetters. It's definitely one of those trends that seems better suited for editorial than real life, but finally stores are coming out with sheer pieces that aren't quite as risque as the runways!
When it comes to tricky trends like sheer clothing, I love a good inspiration picture. These stylish bloggers & fashion week attendees make the look feel much more wearable! 
I noticed the sheer maxi skirt back last October & i'm glad to see it's becoming more popular-- I think it'd make the perfect transition piece for fall!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
all images via pintrest.com
 Have you or would you try out the sheer trend?
xoxo, lauren

13 comments:

Sadie K said...

I have a cream sheer shirt that has fast become one of my wardrobe staples, I would love a sheer maxi skirt though, they're so nice :)

Sherin said...

I'm a huge fan of sheer. It can look gorgeous and stylish if worn right (which all the pictures above are). I just bought a new sheer top, so can't wait to style it.

the funky fashionista said...

I really want to try this trend out. I don't think my mom is going to be a fan of this trend!

http://thefunkyfashionista.blogspot.com/

401 said...

Yes, I am obsessed with sheer!

lisa said...

I love sheer blouses and silk tops, although I usually wear a cami under them to make my outfits more work-appropriate.

dreaming en francais said...

Loving sheer right now!! Especially that mint skirt! xo

http://dreamingenfrancais.blogspot.com/

Petite Chic[k] said...

I have a sheer white boyfriend button-down that I wear with bold floral bandeau tops. I would love to try a sheer dress this summer!

MizzJ said...

Love this trend, along with the sheer lace one. Sheer blouses are more my thing as for some odd reason I feel more exposed having a sheer bottom!

Lauren said...

i would totally try the sheer shirt trend - with a cute bra of course

Nikki said...

I love sheer blouses! I don't have one though :) x

Midnight Cowgirl said...

I do like the sheer maxi skirts!

Allison said...

I love sheer blouses - to me, it's less provocative than sheer bottoms, though I don't know if that logic quite makes sense. As with all things, when done tastefully, this trend is absolutely gorgeous (as evidenced by every single one of these pictures!). I have a feeling that the abuse of this trend is going to turn a TON of people off from it though, unfortunately!

fashion jewellery and accessories said...

Thanks for sharing, and congratulations on your work!
That's some really nice stuff!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin