Monday, July 25, 2011

Small Town Summer Snapshots

I've been living in small town Wisconsin since February, it's such a change of pace from big city Florida living. It's definitely made me appreciate the little things that make summer so fun; spontaneous road trips, grilling out, floating around the lakes & campfires. 
These are a few of my favorite snapshots of summer:
Tubing down the river
Local weekend festivals
Picking fresh flowers out of my garden
Cheese curds; a tasty Wisconsin tradition!
Trips to local wineries
Grilling out & making s'mores
PhotobucketBrewers games at Miller Park
Motorcycle rides through back roads on my friend's Harley
the World's largest Farmer's Market in Madison
Campfires & enjoying the great outdoors
Pub Crawling through Milwaukee's breweries
Burger nights @ small town restaurants

I've adjusted well to my new life, I'm thankful for Midwestern hospitality and the opportunity to experience my local surroundings at their best. My FL friends & fam know I miss them tons, but I can't wait to show visitors around my new home!

xoxo, lauren


Leia said...

It sounds like you've been having a really great summer, Lauren! It's amazing how a change of location - even within the same country - can make your life so different.


ashley said...

what a fun summer! that place looks gorgeous!

Rosa said...

this looks so much fun


My Stylish Little Secret

dreaming en francais said...

These are such great photos! Makes me want to get out of the city for a bit myself! xo

401 said...

I love these photos. I never want summer to end.

Sherin said...

Sounds like yo're having an amazing summer so far! I love that pink dress you're wearing.

Lauren said...

Great pictures! I'm from Milwaukee and can imagine the switch from Florida is a big change. Where is the picture of that winery from?

Sadie K said...

Love your striped dress in these photos :) Looks like you're having a great summer :) xx

MizzJ said...

Neat angle in that tubing shot! I'd be so worried about dropping my camera into the water haha

Allison said...

I love these pictures, Lauren! So fun seeing a little insight into your adjustment to a totally different place. It looks like you're having an amazing time -- and finding so many fun things to do! :)
And you look perfect in every single picture - LOVE your Harley riding outfit!

Cafe Fashionista said...

You seriously look too cute in the second picture, Lauren - I love! :)

Kimberlee said...

Aww that looks like so much fun :) Love the pic of you on the motorcycle!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin