Monday, July 18, 2011

Try this Trend: Surfs Up

For me, surf and beach culture has been more about a way of life than a fashion trend. From high end surf shops to boutique hotels and designers inspired by surfer girls- lately it's been embraced by the fashion industry more than ever. Though I'm thousands of miles from the nearest ocean, I'm still a surfer girl at heart!
These are a few of my fave occurrences of surf & fashion colliding:
b magazine editorial
Alex Cassanitis' Designer Board Bags
surf/skate label: The Hundreds lookbook
Stella McCartney- Resort 2012 Collection
Photography via Mollusk Surf Shop's gallery
Nars: Surfer Girl Collection
Saturdays Surf Shop in NYC
Aussie Surf Line, Tallow
Roxy Summer 2012 lookbook
Michael Kors' neoprene dresses from Resort: 2012
the Surf Lodge: Montauk, NY
me, relaxing between waves in Hawaii :)

I also stumbled upon this island-y MGMT x Bob Marley mashup that I wanted to share; it's the perfect tune for driving around the causeway with windows rolled down and wind in your hair.

Have you ever been surfing?

xoxo, lauren


Bad Joan said...

Love all these surf inspired looks! Especially the Stella McCartney look!

LRC said...

I used to surf in high school but haven't in a long time. One of my New Year resolutions is to surf again.

the funky fashionista said...

I think the surfer trend looks interesting! Teen Vogue was talking about not to long ago on their site! I'm not sure if I could pull of a surfer-inspired look.

Petite Chic[k] said...

I'm a surfer girl at heart, too! The Roxy collection is my favorite, it's so bright and fun.

Gracey said...

I LOVE this post! I have a surf board, and I've attempted to surf, but I wouldn't really call myself a surfer haha.

Lauren said...

i have never tried!
i think you would like this tumblr - this girl is obsessed with all things summer

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin