As a recent Florida State University graduate, I feel at liberty to share some of the things that I wish I knew in college. I get alot of emails asking about how to pursue a career in fashion or how to dress for less so here is some of my sage advice! ;)
1. Take advantage of your local surroundings: If you move away to school, take full advantage to soak up the area you'll be living in for the next 4 years. Visit touristy spots, try new restaurants and take lots of pictures.
|A weekend roadtrip to the beach in Destin!|
2. Living in dorms is not as bad as it sounds: I made some of my closest friends while living in that shoe box sized room! I just wish Dormzy had been around when I was in school- they're a service that delivers groceries and other goodies; absolutely GENIUS.
|My freshman year dorm! oh the memories.|
3. Share clothes with roomies & shop for good deals: A college kid fashion budget is rough. Swap going out looks with friends so you never have to repeat the same outfits & shop the sales to build your closet.
|All dressed up for a bestie's 21st birthday!|
4. Pick a major you feel passionately about: I chose fashion merchandising because I couldn't imagine working in any other industry. Yes, I had to deal with people telling me I would NEVER find a job, but look at me now; an assistant merchant, and I wouldn't have it any other way!
|At one of our Fashion Club's fabulous fashion shows.|
5. Keep in touch!: With facebook and social media use at an all time high you think it'd be easy to keep in touch. College can be such a crazy busy time, but remember to stay in touch and maintain the relationships you want to hold on to! (Aunts & Grammas send the best care packages!)
|My best friends forever :)|
What's your fave piece of college advice or what questions do you have?