Sunday, August 28, 2011

Inspired by: the Night Sky

When I was little, every night my dad would pull my little sister and I along in a little red wagon all padded with blankets and take us for a walk around the block teaching us about the constellations. To this day, I can still point out Orion's belt & the big and little dipper.
 Now, one of my favorite things about living far from the city lights is looking up every night to see a sea of twinkling stars, I'll never take it for granted!
Photo-real galaxy prints and accessories inspired by constellations have been popping up on Christopher Kane's runway to bedazzled Jessica Kagan bangles. I love how futuristic it feels.
Try This Trend: Cosmos Girl
This Street Peeper shot shows that this space age trend works in real life too:
This post is also inspired by my super smart best friend & astrophysics grad student, Joce! In college we'd trade stories from her classes about Einstein's theories and my history of dress classes.. Miss you!
xoxo, lauren
Pin It!

8 comments :

401 said...

I've been loving the galaxy prints lately, so entrancing.
kate

Sherin said...

I love looking up into the sky as well. Love your night sky inspirations. Galaxy print loks so cool.

Nicole @ Giraffelegs said...

ugh love the leather skirt! I have been trying to find a cute, cheap one!

Allison said...

I love this post - I'm fascinated by astronomy, and I absolutely love the correlation between fashion and my favorite type of science! :) These dresses are stunning, and I love the real life application. Who knew it was so easy to wear?!

Midnight Cowgirl said...

That is a fabulous blouse!

Lauren said...

i love this print! i am always trying to paint the galaxy in my paintings, but its really hard to get it just right

Louie said...

I kinda want to live inside this post! I'm slightly obsessed with space, NASA, and all things out this world, so this made my day. If you haven't seen Hubble 3D at the Imax yet, get your booty on over there! (Leonardo Dicaprio narrates it, so that's a bonus)

www.thepinkelephantbylouie.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

gorgeous blouse! I want one! :)


Marissa A. McCown
www.afterflats.com