Tuesday, August 23, 2011

To the Pointe

As someone who has danced their whole life and ripped more pale pink tights than I'd like to admit (I've never been the graceful type). I LOVE J. Crew's use of Russian ballerinas in their latest catalog to model their cashmere sweaters. 
Ballerina style has always appealed to me; these looks are inspired by my favorite pieces; black leotards, tulle skirts, and lace up shoes. Top knot bun not required, but would look incredibly cute with these styles.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
images via j.crew
Have you ever taken dance classes?
xoxo, lauren

12 comments:

401 said...

I love this, such a cute idea.

Meggan of Lila Grace said...

Love it!! I just got the catalog with the ballet photo shoot. These are super cute outfits - I love the beige Tory Burch flats!

Sherin said...

I always wished I could dance. I'd love to be that graceful.

Lauren said...

they always have clever catalogs! i miss dance

Under the Fluorescents said...

i am a dancer so I was immediatley attracted to this editorial. They know how to market!

http://underthefluorescents.blogspot.com/

Ashley @ Apparel Addiction said...

I did dance for 11 years, and I miss it. I love the lace shorts!

Maria Maria Maria said...

I am also a dancer and loved these looks!
xo
www.aminuteinthelifeofmaria.blogspot.com

Sam said...

Such a pretty & chic collection. Wish it were available in SA.

http://whatisthenewblack.blogspot.com/ said...

I love ballerina style too (especially when it includes feathers) - I was incredibly inspired when I saw Black Swan. Great post!

alicia said...

love this editorial :)

Sadie K said...

I love ballerina style, it's so pretty and girly :) xx

Hannah said...

I love your interpretation of the catalog! I've danced since I was little, so the dainty cream/pink/black palette totally appeals to me, too. :)

xoxo Hannah

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin